Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

Today
3297802931_1f3f5f5cda_b.jpg

3298627598_98a049c7f8_b.jpg

3298628884_e6e91e7c05_b.jpg

Last edited:
Props to the people involved for building a condo that fits beautifully into a historic, charming neighborhood. The shorter tower looks really sharp!

Thank you for the pics, gregv. I can't wait to see what becomes of the ground floor / street relationship.

If the Old Spaghetti Factory site ever gets redeveloped those people in the east tower facing east are going to have no views whatsoever.

And I think it's just a matter of time too. I see Cityzen did set the east building back from the property line, but it is still certainly going to be a dismal shallow space from that future building. As for the actual view it aint so great now for those lower floors.

Looking at that single floor restaurant, it just looks so out of place now what with all that has happened on that street. It seems like wasted space somehow. I sense it's days may be numbered. Though it has been years since I've been in there, the place still holds some great memories for me. It was always a cheap and fun place to eat when finances were tight. This place is on a short list in this city to be able to claim how long it has been in business here. In the immediate neighbourhood I think the only restaurant that has been around longer is the Tom Jones. Maybe Papillon, but it has bounced around a bit. I can't think of any others close by..

Do you think there are any chances of someone building on the NORTH side? the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts basically. I am in the East Tower 10th floor, facing north looking into that park there.

It looks like things are being prepared for the first move-ins on the east building. Maybe that hoarding is being put up to keep the new residents from bumping into the workies.
I got a peek at the east building lobby the other day. It is looking sexy!

Great pictures Greg, as always!

Last edited:
Do you think there are any chances of someone building on the NORTH side? the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts basically. I am in the East Tower 10th floor, facing north looking into that park there.

Not a chance you are safe...forever. I believe that is a heritage building. (and I'm not saying anything more about that....THOUGH I COULD!).

Hang on..
10th floor? View of the park?
I..don't think that comes any where near clearing the roof of that building....or am I wrong.??

Not a chance you are safe...forever. I believe that is a heritage building. (and I'm not saying anything more about that....THOUGH I COULD!).

Hang on..
10th floor? View of the park?
I..don't think that comes any where near clearing the roof of that building....or am I wrong.??

NO MORE ROASTING PLEASE. I was actually hoping you would say that it was a heritage building. I was unsure. I was worried about clearing the building but I believe the 8th floor JUST clears it so I should be ok. From certain angles at street level it looks a bit iffy but even the sales agent mentioned the 8th floor being the clearing point.

The St. Lawrence Centre is not a heritage building, though I cannot see why anything should be done to it at all. The building is in good company with hundreds of other examples of brutalist arts centres around the world.

The renovation to the popular and well-used St. Lawrence Centre for the Performing Arts has gone quite nicely - it ought to be good for another 40 years at least.

NO MORE ROASTING PLEASE. I was actually hoping you would say that it was a heritage building. I was unsure. I was worried about clearing the building but I believe the 8th floor JUST clears it so I should be ok. From certain angles at street level it looks a bit iffy but even the sales agent mentioned the 8th floor being the clearing point.

I hope you clear the building too. Should make for a lovely view. It is tough to tell from down on the sidewalk.
Urban Shocker is probably right. Even though it is not a heritage site, it is extremely unlikely that anything will happen to it.
Mind you, if you had asked me about the Sony Centre 5 years ago, I would have told you there would be no way that anyone would ever attempt to fiddle with any part of it..

So photogenic... This project just can't take an unflattering picture. I'm looking forward to all that hoarding coming down.

Gregv's shots really illustrate how well London's designers did their homework. That podium on the east tower matches the scale and style of its neighbours so well, and the towers step up appropriately as a bridge to the context of the towers to the south and west. Even the cladding on the southwest corner is a nice nod to the Sony Centre. They've got it all covered, and all without coming off as a messy hodgepodge either.

Back