Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

We may not have kings and despots but we do have urban planning so I don't see why avenues and boulevards etc should be such an impossibility... and all the more so given the vast tracts of 'carte blanche' development lands in this city. The problem in Toronto continues to be its inability to deal with public spaces very well.

What does dealing with public space to do with avenues and boulevards which would require taking over a large swath of private land to create them. Urban planners are not the Napoleon of this day and age.

We don't need a Napolean to build avenues, clearly. You may believe that the city is helpless but it isn't... though in Toronto I can understand why you might think it is.

From March 2011 -

That's better... I wasn't so far off:

5569710346_deb5f03662_z.jpg

(Another image courtesy YOU! Hehehehe) March 2011

Back on March 28th 2011 Traynor set me straight as to how Shangri-la would fit into the skyline from my POV with line drawings. Man, he was dead on!

Today:

Shangri-la_June5-12.jpg

Back on March 28th 2011 Traynor set me straight as to how Shangri-la would fit into the skyline from my POV with line drawings. Man, he was dead on!

Thanks for posting that...

I remember that discussion and I remember being skeptical. You're right, He was bang on. Its amazing that the skyline has changed that much in just over a year courtesy of Trump and Shangri-La.

Thanks for posting that...

I remember that discussion and I remember being skeptical. You're right, He was bang on. Its amazing that the skyline has changed that much in just over a year courtesy of Trump and Shangri-La.

and FCP ;)

Think the "sea of grey" he's referring to is the sky in that pic, in spite of which Shangri-La nonetheless still manages to look sky blue.

From today:

7160896373_682d0b82bb_h.jpg

7160897543_f144e7ddff_h.jpg

Cool Pic. I don't see much grey though. Especially not a "sea" of it. In fact, where IS all this grey that people say dominates our skyline?

anonymous0024 said:
Think the "sea of grey" he's referring to is the sky in that pic, in spite of which Shangri-La nonetheless still manages to look sky blue.

Yep, was referring to the sky in that snap. In the case of that particular snap, the sky was actually blue to the west, which is what made Shangri-La stand out so much more. A beautiful blue complete with puffy clouds, with a dark grey backdrop. I captured the opposite effect on my way home (A little underexposed, but you get the point) >

2012-06-06+17.20.44.jpg

Cool Pic. I don't see much grey though. Especially not a "sea" of it. In fact, where IS all this grey that people say dominates our skyline?

Aside from the fact kyler was referring to the clouds, IMO this is one of the great views of the downtown along with the view from the harbour/islands. Look at some of the great buildings in that shot.

Back to the all that grey, check out the Aura webcam and you'll get a taste of it - http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/webcam.html

Shangri-la isn't grey, only in overcast, it's very blue in clear skies... i dig it.,

and yeah, whatever happened to Traynor?.... he dissapeared from SSP and UT a while ago.

Back