Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Taken today. 5-star hotel and residences with an overhead wire running in front of the signage, now that`s 5-star.

SHANGRI-LA-27-05-2012-1.jpg

SHANGRI-LA-27-05-2012-2.jpg

SHANGRI-LA-27-05-2012-3.jpg

Taken today. 5-star hotel and residences with an overhead wire running in front of the signage, now that`s 5-star.

SHANGRI-LA-27-05-2012-1.jpg

Yeah... because a power line really defines a hotel... It should only be a 2 Star because of that wire!!

Must we always find something to complain about!? This is a great addition to the city!

Say what you will about the podiums, which both have their proponents and detractors, but the highrise portions of Shangri-la and the Four Seasons are both fantastic. Though I'd give Shangri-la the nod(an A+ vs an A) due to having a few more design details:
cruzin4u & Bruvyman said:
images courtesy of cruzin4u & Bruvyman

When I was walking by this morning, I noticed that a large section of the windows were washed on the University side of the building. What a difference, the glass is really nice.

Fascinating to contemplate what it would have looked like, and interesting to see Mathew Borrett's interpretation… I wonder how far reaching the changes would have been to how our Downtown works and how it would have evolved, had this circle been built. Impossible for us to know if we would have better off or not.

Back