Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

This morning

From March 2011 -

Back on March 28th 2011 Traynor set me straight as to how Shangri-la would fit into the skyline from my POV with line drawings. Man, he was dead on!

It's a shame that he fell off the face of the earth.

and yeah, whatever happened to Traynor?.... he dissapeared from SSP and UT a while ago.

Thank you for acknowledging my attempt for accuracy. With almost all of my renders many members doubted my estimates of height for finished projects. For example, many detractors vociferously doubted how tall Four Seasons would look from various angles. If you check my old renders to the finished project, you will see I was eerily prescient. You can actually thank my grade 9 Geometry Teacher.

Ramako/Steveve, I haven't gone anywhere. I log in daily to all the Skyscraper sites. I just finally resigned myself to the futility of responding to the comments and only look at the pretty pictures.

Traynor's back!

tumblr_m3sezs7HTH1r5dgch.gif

The roof line/fins don't really work for me. Something's off about the scale. As a screening for the mechanical it ends up quite flimsy, like a sumo wrestler trying to hide behind a geisha fan.

The roof line/fins don't really work for me. Something's off about the scale. As a screening for the mechanical it ends up quite flimsy, like a sumo wrestler trying to hide behind a geisha fan.

I actually think it is totally in keeping with the rest of the building and certainly is nicer than staring at the mechanical box.

I am not sure how they could improve it. That said, I must say I looked at it too and wondered with a good strong wind whether the angling would be subject to bowing and possible cracking of the glass.

Well I take it for granted that it's better than a mechanical box but that's faint praise really. I don't know, it just doesn't work for me.

Back