Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

From Saturday:

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpg
    IMG_1689.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 318
^^^
I don't follow what the difference would be. Whether local or overseas, presumably CG would be referring to the property maintaining or increasing value.

If not, it would not be value for either.

I am guessing you feel that overseas absentee lux players are willing to park their money and have no return or will make it on appreciation of the Canadian dollar.

Could you clarify please.

Gotcha, yea that's a story I hear often ... I go on taxes quite bit but in all honesty this sort of thing must be expected to a certain degree i.e. rents will be cheaper in the suburbs no matter what at the end of the day.

I guess the take home message to me is - whenever you hear of these moves, it's always Mississauga or Markham it's never North York / Scarborough / ... that's the real issue I have.

Anyway, I hope your commute is OK ! Interestingly enough, where I work on Hi-way 7 east, it's pretty easy to get to from a more central location (i.e. Yonge and Eglinton). Actually, anywhere on Hi-way 7 easy is pretty reasonable. The reverse commuters on this stretch are mind boggling - I'd swear that more then 50% of all Viva users (purple / pink) on Hi-way 7 are coming from Toronto or the like.

Why do you say this taal? Is it that Mississauga or Markham are cheaper than North York which I would believe but not sure that is the case with Scarborough.
What exactly is the "real" issue?

Cal,
your regular updates will be surely missed.
Like taal, I hope your commute is not too onerous.
Please remember when you are downtown to snap a few pictures for us. On a positive note, without you seeing SL and other projects every day, surely you will see more progress with intermittent viewings.

Cal,
your regular updates will be surely missed.
Like taal, I hope your commute is not too onerous.
Please remember when you are downtown to snap a few pictures for us. On a positive note, without you seeing SL and other projects every day, surely you will see more progress with intermittent viewings.

True enough, it's only been two weeks, and I already long for daily updates on Shangrila.

Alas, at its current rate, any updates we get from hereon-in will be very special.

Shangri-la today:

sexy...

5439244641_f6b1b0c07c_b.jpg

5439236617_6accc51fe0_b.jpg

5439844430_2c89d40daa_b.jpg

5439245953_48e26d33e9_b.jpg

EDIT:

a video:

[video=youtube;FgSIPQ4K71U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgSIPQ4K71U[/video]

Last edited:
You were taking a picture of Shangrila, by mistake you might have gotten one of the best pictures ever of the Ritz.

haha! so true! and what's cool about that shot is the contrast in colours between shangri-la and the ritz. it's a battle of hotel residence skyscraper towers!

shangri-la is really gonna change the view from the cn tower. smack in the middle of all the action it is :D

Back