Toronto Legacy, Ultra, and Yorkland at Heron's Hill | ?m | 40s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

what do you guys think of the 2-Storeys at Ultra @ Heron's Hill for mid $200s?

would you think it's a wise investment?

the only downside i can think of is the bathroom, which is located on the second floor.

I think mid $200s for the 2s loft ~750 sq.ft. are a good price and Monach does built decent lookin' condos ... I'm just not so sure if its a good idea as 'investment' in the current economy given it is not in the "A" location (not right on subway), hence limiting how much the property will appreciate

however for personal residence I think this is a good place, but I would just prefer a unit on higher floors (rather than these lofts in the first 4 floors) :)

Even if they do extend the subway, in which case Heron's Hill will be one block from Consumers station, the neighbourhood may never be "A" material. Employment zone on one side, houses on the other...the city may not permit either to be rezoned much further to allow for retail and parks and the like. Not that the Consumers office park doesn't have room for everything under the sun, mind you, as it does have a veritable wasteland of parking lots (another one of those pejorative collective nouns, like 'gridlock of streetcars') with plenty of room for both millions of square feet of office space and condos and retail and parks and whatever else. The parking will just have to go underground...or go bye-bye, given the subway extension combined with GO improvements.

The Fairview/Parkway Forest area has B+ potential given enough redevelopment, but the only real potential A zone in the area would be Agincourt (which has more potential than STC).

i personally prefer this location over th Emeral City across from Fairview even if it doesn't have direct access to the subway.

Too many rental apartments in the Parkway Forest area. I walked around the neighbourhood once at night and didn't feel safe at all.

same as argos ... if I were to choose a high floor tower suite in either Emerald City or Heron's Hill ... I would choose the latter

yes its not right on the suway, but being in the pure rental apartments neighbourhood concerns me ... plus I hear no so good feedback on Parkway Forest

what really bothers me is that in Ultra, the ceiling height is only 8ft. Which, in my opinion is so outdated!! :) Minimum requirement ceiling should be 9ft.

I get what you mean .... I guess Monarch probably wanted to squeeze as many floors as possible out of the taller building (1 feet in ceiling height reduction in Ultra could mean 3-4 more floors ? which generate much more $$ than squeezing ceiling heights in a shorter building like Legacy which would yield only 2 extra floors MAX, that is why coincidently Legacy upper floors had 9 foot ceilings :D )

Ultra by Monarch and TTC

Wont the new "transit City" project by TTC make the sheppard road way more congested, Its usually full of traffic as it is and i think with proposed "Light rail transit" project, I think it will become gridlock of traffic and street cars. (am a newbie here) but this thread is to specific interest to me as i am seriously considering of buying in Ultra however am not sure if it is the right choice. In terms of price for a pre construction condo, does anyone think the prices will come down any time soon for this project ?

They should eliminate the sidewalks while they're at it as well :)

Actually have they already decided against the option of extending the subway until the 404 or Vic Park and starting the LRT from that point? I recall that was on the table at one point.

Wont the new "transit City" project by TTC make the sheppard road way more congested, Its usually full of traffic as it is and i think with proposed "Light rail transit" project, I think it will become gridlock of traffic and street cars. (am a newbie here) but this thread is to specific interest to me as i am seriously considering of buying in Ultra however am not sure if it is the right choice. In terms of price for a pre construction condo, does anyone think the prices will come down any time soon for this project ?

IMO, i believe this is a great buy for owners...If your thinking of investing here, i would think twice.

I think the two (yet be decided) options for the Sheppard LRT line are:

(1) extend Don Mills subway platform easterly to be used as a Sheppard LRT station, so riders can get off the Sheppard subway train, walk east along the platform and hop back on the LRT car, which then travels under the 404 in a tunnel until it reaches Consumers Road where it 'ramps' back up to the ground level running in a dedicated centre median

..........OR..........

(2) extend the Sheppard subway line east by one station such that a new subway station is created at Consumers Road, riders would then take stairs/escalators up to the ground level to connect with the LRT station which then travels east along Sheppard in a dedicated centre median (hence no LRT ramp leading from underground to street level)

Have they not decided yet, from what I recall aren't all public open houses done for the Sheppard East line?

you are correct ... yes TTC has held open houses on the Sheppard LRT already, but have managed to filter out 3 of the 5 options, and now they are further examining the most 'viable' option (with respect to cost, ridership, and connection functionality) ... hopefully some sort of decision is made in early 2009

Back