Toronto Lago at the Waterfront | 162.15m | 50s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

Aside from Palace Pier, there isn't a single building in this area that hasn't been a total disappointment.

My vote is for Waterscapes. I love the retro styling. That's a new one that sticks out in a good way, although it's likely to be crowded in the near future.

Actually, I rather like how Explorer @ Waterview turned out ~

explorer-condominium.jpg

Just wish it was turned the other way.

My vote is for Waterscapes. I love the retro styling. That's a new one that sticks out in a good way, although it's likely to be crowded in the near future.

Same here. I fell in love with the design back in 2008 and although the very dark balconies weren't part of the original design, I'm growing fond of it as time passes by. I think once Lago, Riva and Lago II and III are completed, the darker balconies will become a little more acceptable in the area.

The top 3 buildings in Humber Bay in my opinion are: Palace Pier/Place, Grand Harbour, and Explorer at Waterview. Key West is a close 4.

It wouldnt be any kind of a loss at all if the rest of the buildings were razed and parking lots replaced them. I'd rather look at the Mr.Christies parking lot, than half those buildings.

Pretty lame choice (Explorer at Waterview.), looks like something out of Panama:eek:

hey just expressing my opinion on what building I like ... didn't think the comment warranted being called "lame choice"

Palace Pier/Place, Grenadier Landing and I guess then Players Club . Don't care for any of the Monarch towers. Better master planning.

To be honest, none of the towers developed in the past 5 years in Humber Bay look that good. Every building developed in that area since Palace Pier has gotten worse. The area was poorly planned out from the start.

I wouldnt necessarily describe it as "thriving".
Not even River City, the archetypical "well-designed and planned" neighbourhood, will be thriving after the move-in date. Those things take years, even decades to establish.

I think the real decider will be if we ever get reliable and frequent transit to the Humber Bay.

Not even River City, the archetypical "well-designed and planned" neighbourhood, will be thriving after the move-in date. Those things take years, even decades to establish.

I think the real decider will be if we ever get reliable and frequent transit to the Humber Bay.
Good point, but in Humber Bay's case i'll hold my breath until a resolution to the Mondelez lands is reached. Any additional approved condos in this area wont be able to save the neighborhood no matter what kind of transit is built (if ever built).

Good point, but in Humber Bay's case i'll hold my breath until a resolution to the Mondelez lands is reached. Any additional approved condos in this area wont be able to save the neighborhood no matter what kind of transit is built (if ever built).

The neighbourhood isn't about rampant consumerism and hipster coffee shops. It has always been about the lake, and the parks. That's the draw - that'll always be the draw. People move here for the resort lifestyle (although 5 months of the year the place is a writeoff).

I don't want this place to become some shopping mecca with more cars and more people. The lakeside is crowded enough in nice weather.

Back