Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

It's the focal point for one of the city's most iconic vistas. They should light it up at night.

I'm sure it used to be, but yes, it would look brilliant at night with an array of LED's lighting up it's features.

Saturday snow

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7983.jpg
    IMG_7983.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 2,687
Interesting. I wonder if there is a transition point in the slope above which the snow will actually accumulate, instead of sliding off. There will be a point there where it could slide off in big chunks. I wonder if that will be a problem long-term.

Interesting. I wonder if there is a transition point in the slope above which the snow will actually accumulate, instead of sliding off. There will be a point there where it could slide off in big chunks. I wonder if that will be a problem long-term.

Due to the litany of variables, such as: temperature, sunlight, density of snow flakes, accumulation of dirt on the glass etc... There would be no ONE point on the curve as the definitive spot where the snow slides off or accumulates. Only a general area.

The technical term for this phenomenon is "angle of repose". (If you are looking for a great novel to read on long winter evenings, check out the one that has this for a title.)

Seems like they fully overlooked this issue. Lots of residence won't be please their windows are blocked with snow.

You can see that the stubs meant to hold back the snow are doing their job - there doesn't look to be any slippage above them.
Below that (also where the slope gets steeper, the snow is sliding off.

Seems like they fully overlooked this issue. Lots of residence won't be please their windows are blocked with snow.

Most of the covered windows are not on residential floors. I also doubt that the snow would stay up there for too long. The heat leaking out from the unit, coupled with the sunlight shining would melt or at least cause the snow/ice to slip pretty quickly.

Back