Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Hi UT'ers - My First post. Haven't noticed this vantage point on the L-tower.... my office has allowed me to watch it grow from the ground up!

Oh... My.. Gawd!!! welcome to UT...what took you so long?!?!? :D

Not as cool, taken yesterday:

8103081735_0ec87d183d_c.jpg

8103096766_c4c5dfe901_b.jpg

8103083717_7857736741_b.jpg

8103098876_c769c8bba0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Foggy Friday in Toronto

This might be better suited to the weather channel I suppose.

FridayOct19083.jpg

I have a video or two in the mill. More foggy Friday on the way.

Last edited:
In the thick of it.

FridayOct19071.jpg

This is another 360 with a weather bonus.

[video=youtube_share;5I4sIDqjk4U]http://youtu.be/5I4sIDqjk4U[/video]

Last edited:
Thank you... Brookfield.... I'll get some more up as she is getting closer to completion.

I wonder if stevedominick's awesome window is here somewhere.

FridayOct19025.jpg

It was very foggy at times.

[video=youtube_share;o7Q3Vt02skE]http://youtu.be/o7Q3Vt02skE[/video]

Last edited:
Hi UT'ers - My First post. Haven't noticed this vantage point on the L-tower.... my office has allowed me to watch it grow from the ground up!

Sorry about the quality of pics, but they should be OK (from mobile).. enjoy!

8098405073_a300794b08_c.jpg
WOW nice vantage point. THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again SkyJacked! I'm surprised you could work in that fog. Highly skilled in every way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken October 20, 2012:

In this photo, when you include its podium, Market Wharf looks more like an "L" tower than the L-Tower.

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

I'd go so far as to say that out of all the towers built in this cycle L Tower makes the greatest impression... and it is unbelievably photogenic, stealing the shot in almost any picture it shows up in!

Just for fun I thought I hash together a "What If" version of one of stevedominick's
pictures from his office window. Don't be too critical... I'm a little off my game with this one.

Av3dH.jpg

I"m so glad the boot part was dropped... not that I like the current base much better.

Thanks for that Traynor. What could have been... disagree completely with the above comment. This would would have been an excellent contribution to Toronto's bleak highrise/bold/modern architecture stock.

The Sony Centre is just about the best podium any tower could ask for. All the L Tower had to do at ground level was shut up and mind its manners, which the boot version absolutely did not do!

"What if" the city came up with the $50 million for the "arts lab" that was originally planned for the podium. That is the only reason that the podium had to be redesigned.

Once Sony Centre is completed with their renovations, hopefully in the near future, the L should be noticed on the south side of the building with Sony Centre forming the L.

There is also the similarity to an L shape if you View L-Tower from the east north/east.

I have to wonder if the L is supposed to stand for the architect, Libeskind, not the shape of the tower. It's when I first saw the initial design, I thought it looked like a J, not an L. So they should've called it the J tower if they are referring specifically to the shape.

I've always thought that a curved canopy over the plaza would have worked if it mimicked the old lines of the boot. It would have nicely complemented the canopy over at the Hummingbird Centre.

Back