Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Photo update: July 28, 2012

Glass rising on the east elevation:
IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

Thank you Razz!

Spectacular angle..
Really hope you post a couple more when this one tops out.

im guessing they are only cause its being built. but for those who live in those ones will bump thier heads on the pillars or supports when gazing out the windows and turning to quickly. forgetting they are angled like that. i would. but im a clutz. surely theyres more clutzes like me out there.

no, they are definitely permanent and they are obviously leaned that way to facilitate the curved top portion and maximize the interior space for those units. I can assure you they are structurally sound. If they had been placed vertically they would create a small unusable space in the corner of these units...

I think it may have been more visually pleasing if they had used rectangular shaped beams rather than these rounded ones...

Last edited:
I'm no engineer but I don't think that is (primarily) to maximize space in the units. The top of the last pillar has to match up exactly with the base of the next one to get to transfer the load all the way down to the ground. If, say, you had completely vertical pillars all the way up but just shifted them back inwards ever so slightly every floor, you'd very quickly have the lower slabs bearing all that weight without proper support underneath them.

.... I hope that made sense.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I would love shake the hands of everyone involved in creating this masterpiece.

What a sight to see when you arrive to downtown Toronto by it's main entrance, either by car, plane, train, or bus.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Taken on Saturday evening from the Vü condo building on Jarvis and Adelaide:

7640456104_4d8349d754_b.jpg

I agree with the comments. Fantastic shot. Great view from the Vü condos.

Thanks also to all the other up loaders. I saved some of SomeMidTowners pics from page 225 Great shots!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes, I understand all that however, on the northwest side of the tower the transition is clean, forming one continuous curved column as it rises from floor to floor. On the northeast corner, the columns zig-zag at different angles and while the load is still being transferred through, the corner rounded columns appear disjointed and set at random angles. Hopefully the glass and cladding will hide this.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I would love shake the hands of everyone involved in creating this masterpiece.

What a sight to see when you arrive to downtown Toronto by it's main entrance, either by car, plane, train, or bus.

attachment.php

love this angle. L tower's skinnier side, it's an insane sight,

Yes, I understand all that however, on the northwest side of the tower the transition is clean, forming one continuous curved column as it rises from floor to floor. On the northeast corner, the columns zig-zag at different angles and while the load is still being transferred through, the corner rounded columns appear disjointed and set at random angles. Hopefully the glass and cladding will hide this.

Not sure what you're seeing. Both the northeast and northwest columns are "zig-zagged" rather than actually being curved.

Back