Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

they are crap. they "look" like art to people who know know anything about art. Reason being that the grifters in line for these commissions are not serious artists.
It doesn't help the installation that the new base of L tower looks like a lunch pail. The whole space lacks any kind of cohesion. Not sure how you spend big bucks on such striking architecture and then put out this effort at ground level. Body cramps?

The Yonge Street elevation is really brutal, both in design and execution. I was never a fan of L Tower but I was genuinely shocked how badly they dropped the ball on that part of the design.

Maybe this belongs in the Real Estate thread but too bad west view L Tower owners
C9OQY5SXUAAcEic.jpg

Maybe this belongs in the Real Estate thread but too bad west view L Tower owners
Of course when the tower goes on top of the Dominion Public Building their view will be further restricted - though by then the crane may be removed and their windows can finally be washed so it may all even out!

I wouldn't mind. Great vantage point to watch the construction of Bay Park.

Wow, This is a never ending story... Can't believe this is not complete yet... Not many complains about this tower, but to be honest it kind of looks like a mincraft mess sometimes... LOL.... They need to replace the green metal roof in the sony centre with the blue metal like the tower to make it more unison

The Sony Centre canopy's new lights:

DSC00153.jpg

They can do this:

DSC09582.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00153.jpg
    DSC00153.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC09582.jpg
    DSC09582.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 298
Wow, This is a never ending story... Can't believe this is not complete yet... Not many complains about this tower, but to be honest it kind of looks like a mincraft mess sometimes... LOL.... They need to replace the green metal roof in the sony centre with the blue metal like the tower to make it more unison
I would prefer that they cover up those silly metal pipes, which would be very easy and inexpensive to do!

The "green metal roof" of Sony is weathered copper flashing and it was there long before L-tower. If anything Sony should be Re-clad in green but we all know this would never be finished and they would mismatch it anyway.

Back