Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Sorry for the bad shadowing on the pic, but you can see the scaffolding and some of the extra work going on.

L.jpg

Attachments

• L.jpg
    L.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2,622
Any news on the timeline to complete this? I noticed the smaller crane moving around today. Didn't get close enough to see any detail.

How is the courtyard out front doing? Are the much delayed mechanicals installed? Will this thing be complete in 2017?

Any news on the timeline to complete this? I noticed the smaller crane moving around today. Didn't get close enough to see any detail.

How is the courtyard out front doing? Are the much delayed mechanicals installed? Will this thing be complete in 2017?
They are working away on the Claude Cormier courtyard or plaza (and I think the work was actually taken over by the City). It is being done in conjunction with the work on the outside of the Sony Centre, which includes extending the covered walkway along the west side of the building and to west of main doors - surprisingly this was not done originally and looks quite good.

They were finally forced to reopen The Esplanade to two-way traffic on Sept 1 as the City refused to extend their street-occupancy permit and say that the sidewalks will be rebuilt this fall (the road also needs attention.)

The L-Tower 'siding' is still not finished on Yonge sidewalk side and above the 'courtyard' and god only knows when their crazy crane capers will end.

It's like if the Olympic swimmer was winning the race, then started to drown and everyone just stood there watching in disbelief. Everything was going so well, how could this happen?

When are they going to tear this down; it has been a piece of crap from the basement to the roof.

Regards,
J T

Back