Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

According to this update, sections of the derrick crane have finally arrived. Should be installed soon.
The update seems to give little new info and says:

The tower crane remains in-place as the final work to install the rooftop maintenance unit is underway but has not yet been completed. We expect to have an update in the latter part of the month on timelines for the lowering and removal of the tower crane. Please check back for updates.

I will only believe it is down when I can't see it. Then they can maybe devote all their obvious construction expertise to fixing the siding along Yonge Street.

Feb 2014 L tower looked like this

12541137223_8ddfc28f67_b.jpg

Compared to INDX which looked like this

12541636335_7393a5d135_b.jpg

Both images by @drum118

Today L tower looks almost the same and INDX is topped off with it's crane gone.

Really puts things in perspective on how SLOW they are with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 2014 L tower looked like this

12541137223_8ddfc28f67_b.jpg

Compared to INDX which looked like this

12541636335_7393a5d135_b.jpg

Today L tower looks almost the same and INDX is topped off with it's crane gone.

Really puts things in perspective on how SLOW they are with this.

In a year when 88 Scott is completed, L may still looks like this! I wonder how long the move in date has been pushed back. 2 years?

I heard from a friend who lives there that it is coming down on the 23rd. Or not until next year. Both dates are in circulation in the building.

The plaza at Yonge and Front is now fenced off with a wooden fence and a vacuum truck is there doing something. Last fall it was announced that the City had taken back the construction of the Claude Cormier designed plaza and would be doing it in spring 2016 at the same time as they work on the (also Cormier-designed) Berczy park. It looks as though that is what is happening. Of course, the L-Tower folk have done nothing further on their 'siding' at the base of the tower but ...

Back