Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

From College the L Tower looks very nice.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2926_2.jpg
    IMG_2926_2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,933
The little retail space(s) along Yonge look about ready. And I live in hopes that the original 'boot toe' will one day see the light of day. Imagine it as a contemporary art museum space! Pix taken 12 June 2015.

IMG_0183.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    484.3 KB · Views: 1,934
Last edited by a moderator:
The little retail space(s) along Yonge look about ready. And I live in hopes that the original 'boot toe' will one day see the light of day. Imagine it as a contemporary art museum space! Pix taken 12 June 2015.

Is that really retail? I thought it was the entrance to lower levels of Sony. Doubt retail will be too successful there - Sony store on Front certainly wasn't - and your dreams of the boot are fantasy.

The Boot got the boot from the City way back when they decided to not invest in the Arts Lab. They gave the developer a year to come up with private funding. When that didn't happen they had to redesign the podium and add a lower condo section, now up to 11th floor. I actually love the new design. The boot was very controversial as well if you'll remember. Either you hated it or loved it, there was no in between.

This tower would look bad up close with the boot or without it given its cheap quality cladding (some of the worst I've seen on a Toronto condo). With high quality curtain wall on all sides, and the boot design in tact, this could have been a real stunner.

It still could have been achieved as a retail area of some size and condos above, the developer chose not to. With so many Dickinson buildings gone (or madly altered), I always thought the boot stomping on top of the Sony Centre was not-so-attractive, and certainly disrespectful.

Back