Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Staring at the raw concrete point with the window punchouts makes me sort of wish the entire building had been done in a Brut style--ie all polished concrete with "negative" window & balcony punchouts. Get what I'm saying?

Skyjacked: I want those fans for the monster PC I'm building!

Today - shooting into the sun:

pCh7tOI.jpg

Wonderful picture of the L Tower, as was this one sMT posted 10 days ago. I am fascinated by the many unique and interesting ways this buildng is photographed by the UrbanToronto forum members.

Last edited:
Agreed. This has been the best thread on UT for quite some time. Really loving how the building is looking from Front and Simcoe (sorry no pics, I'll leave that to the stellar work of the dedicated folk in this thread).

Be curious to know what Daniel L thinks of the building (if he's allowed to comment, Cityzen). The early discussions lamented the loss of the boot and the abject horror of the first window-wall installations (followed by north side curtainwall/valium).

Now that this is much beloved from a sculpture/tower/skyline pov, it would be interesting to know what Daniel thinks before the inevitable avalanche of suite owners' complaints re: finishes et al (reality).

I love looking at this thing.

42 - no rush as long as you have the Libeskind response within 48 hours.

Well, that's a challenge if I ever saw one!

Not one I'll take up right now though; that's the kind of question I would rather ask in person where I know the answer has not first passed through any handlers. I'm sure we will get to talk with Mr. Libeskind before the last wall has been painted!

Libeskind interview

Interview Libeskind gave when he was in Toronto 6 months ago for topping off ceremony of L Tower:

[video=youtube;LSH3y2rhmxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSH3y2rhmxw[/video]

source

I think they should not have used spandrel on the sides with the balconies. Instead they should have used the balcony glass to create the vertical lines.

I completely agree! It looks way too busy with the two types of vertical lines... the balconies themselves would have been perfect!

It is what it is guys, WOULDA COULDA SHOULDA, is pointless to say and express. as its been repeated to many times in every forum. is there ever any pleasing Torontonians?

Back