Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Recent:
20120303010.jpg

By my count, are they at about floor 27 or 28? A little over half way up now, not including the architectural spire.

Now that's an interesting angle we don't see very often. L's curved profile should look quite striking from here. It's amazing the amount of change that has happened in the area, and how empty that view would have looked 10 years ago.

Is anyone else moderately excited for what's going on down at the podium? I mean, changing the design was akin to hacking off the toe of a nina ricci boot, but the new deconstructivist-crystalline podium could still have decent street presence.

I'm really pleased that I'll get a view of the L Tower. This will have a dramatic impact on the skyline. From my POV today -

Perhaps my imagination is just a little bit more active than others but based on the cladding we briefly saw before it was taken down (and apparently will rise again), I can pretty much imagine what L will look like when it's all done. for those people who do not discuss condos to this length know the difference between curtain wall and non-curtain wall.

What they will see is a totally different building, in shape and colour. Some will hate it and some will love it, like ROM. But just look at some of the photos on this board especially of those cloudy grey days in Toronto and L Tower will stand out from all the other same coloured glass buildings around it (with a few exceptions - London, One King, Scotia).

Personally, I dont get the fascination at all with Four Seasons. It looks like the Bay Adelaide Centre to me. Aura is gigantic and a brute but feels extremely cold to me. Ice will be awesome just based on shape - will it be white? I can't remember. hope it is and it should be with a name like ICE. Shangri La has some nice angles, but the glass is that same old stuff. The views will be great from there however. And One Bloor? love the design that the balconies create but I have feeling that this brute will also leave me feeling cold. finally, don't care for Absolute. just seems weird to me.

Just the small piece of blue cladding. It's striking; not sure how it'll look.

Woa, your views are totally different from mine. And your overall view on that combination of buildings is quite different from the norm around here but none the less quite interesting. Thanks for sharing them :)

Back