Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

For sure! ;)

I'm just happy to hear sales have started, I had no clue it was already at this stage.

400 out of 470 units in the first week? That really sounds like sales hype to me -- that agent is almost certainly trying to pressure you to buy now 'before all the units are gone'. A classic hard sell approach. Still, it sounds likely that pre-sales have been good, perhaps as good as at Shangri-La.

I have some hope that developers well see how well the two most 'iconic' large projects are selling, compared to more conventional boxes (three, if you include the Absolute World development), and start planning for more architecture of this quality. The lesson I see is that people will rush to buy into first-class, 'iconic', condo buildings, and pay through the nose to do so. If the developers see the same thing, we may see a wave of equally great projects in the future.

Bill

Well it's not really the first week of sales. 'Registration' usually means that realtors are already selling units, the 'grand openning' is to start selling to the general public.
A signature building like this (unique location, amenities etc.) seems to sell out quite quickly these days. Festival tower over at TIFF already has a majority of the units sold as well.

A friend of mine, inquired on the availabilty of units in the L tower on behalf of her employer. She was told by the sales rep that the building is sold out, and that no units remained.

Does anyone know if the Feds and the Province have committed they're 15-mil each for the cultural part of this building--and if not, wouldn't they have to wait for that funding before proceeding?

Well, there go my chances of buying a unit...

I'm still psyched about seeing this very unique building actually going ahead in Toronto. Hopefully its quick sales will inspire other developers to hire starchitects to design other condos.

With the success of Shangri-La, L Tower, and Absolute, hopefully more developers will be inspired to try pushing the architecture envelope.

So somewhere between 150 and 470 units have been sold.

That narrows it down.

She was told by the sales rep that the building is sold out, and that no units remained.

The sales people might hype numbers a bit, but they wouldn't turn people away completely, it wouldn't make sense....it probably is really sold out!

Unbelievable.....:eek:

Even if they lose a few in the 10 day cooling off period, it's gone....

Unreal...

edit...someone at SSC is also reporting that it is sold out....

The sales people might hype numbers a bit, but they wouldn't turn people away completely, it wouldn't make sense....it probably is really sold out!

Unbelievable.....:eek:

Even if they lose a few in the 10 day cooling off period, it's gone....

Unreal...

edit...someone at SSC is also reporting that it is sold out....

What have we learned from all this? Hire a starchitect and watch the numbers soar... Page+Steel don't cut it anymore...

is there room to build another nearby? Libeskind@the ROM: makes sense to me!

This is exciting that Toronto finally gets architecture. Now, we need to see smaller midrises with gorgeous architecture (pier 27 may be the start of that trend:)) but particularly, townhouse architecture must enter the 21st century! Imagine Milton having 4 storey modern-stylish townhomes with proper retail strips.

The only downer: sell outs of higher end units often mean the current bull run (real estate) is nearing an end.

I stand corrected, average cost works out to be $522-550/sf for most units at the L Tower.

The smallest unit, 468 sq/ft.
560741133_713b743ec9_o.jpg

The largest unit 1699 sq/ft.
560741317_f07bc81f13_o.jpg

Back