Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

Could run a Kipling LRT along there as well possibly.

Possibly. It's not nearly as easy to have done than laying pavement for a multi use trail.

And I don't just mean the construction of the LRT and all that complexity, I mean working with the Hydro companies to allow for such a wide right of way and much more complicated set of electronics and tech through the corridor that doesn't interfere with maintenance of the hydro towers etc.

It's still possible though, just a lot more red tape.

BRT Transitway with battery buses is much more likely, for getting the Hydro companies to agree, and also because the route doesn't directly serve much, it would work better as an express bus route imo, where buses could leave the BRT and go on-road to better destinations along the way.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1608047754920.png
    1608047754920.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
What GO buses would be servicing Kipling GO? I don't think any GO buses went to Islington, so where would they come from?
Good point. Currently no buses serve the area, not even the off peak Milton service. Perhaps they will begin stopping a few buses that run on the 427, including the Milton Off Peak bus?

I found this article from over a year ago that says:
In one improvement, routes 25 (Waterloo) and 29 (Guelph) which now terminate at Square One will be extended to Kipling subway station bridging an annoying gap between the TTC and GO.
but I'm not sure if that information is reliable anymore.

Yes I totally agree, looking out my condo window over the new six points street grid, it seems like the Mississauga/Miway buses is representative of 50% of the road traffic lol. It will be sweet to see that disappear and bring those Mississauga buses more west.

Last edited:
I found this article from over a year ago that says:

but I'm not sure if that information is reliable anymore.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the milton buses, more specifically the 21, 25 and 29 get service at this terminal. Maybe a 407 bus or kitchener corridor bus could also get serviced as well, but the former could be unlikely because every 407 bus terminates and begins at the 407 station, and it doesn’t help that its already a subway station. It would be interesting to just see what ML could do now that they basically got a less hectic way to drop people off to the subway for the west end of the region

Out of curiosity, how many of the non-TTC buses would be using the Mt. Dennis Transit Hub, when it opens in 2021/2022? They would likely run express through Toronto to reach it.
Other than GO and that pushing it, there will be no 905 systems going to Mount Dennis Hub. To costly to run a bus non stop to the hub and not enough riders to justify doing it in the first place. The idea is DOA.

Back