Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

Many of the comments in other websites mention the need for moving sidewalks. Not just at Kipling Station, but others like Spadina Station. The creation of l-o-n-g walkways is the drawback of many of the stations, that are not being fixed.

Good grief. I hadn't watched the video all the way the first time. That's absolutely absurd!
VMC also could use it . . .

Please show us where there would be space for a terminal there.

The south side of the existing TTC Kipling bus terminal was designed to serve as an LRT platform when built; only the north side of the terminal was used for buses (to this date) - it doesn't offer that much space for additional bus bays - certainly not as many as the new build. Access to that side of the terminal is also an issue as well.

AoD

^This i know, I was asking him/her to point out where there would be sufficient space to accommodate additional buses on the south end of the terminal (because I know the space doesnt exist for that specific kind of usage).

The south side of the existing TTC Kipling bus terminal was designed to serve as an LRT platform when built; only the north side of the terminal was used for buses (to this date) - it doesn't offer that much space for additional bus bays - certainly not as many as the new build. Access to that side of the terminal is also an issue as well.

AoD

This idea is DOA and bury it. It will be a madhouse trying to do it and interfering with GO Transit and CP Rail. Long list of cons and very few pros. If this was Cloverdale, it may work with one hell of a long platform and more walking for Mississauga riders.

The current 10 bus bays are only good for the next 10-20 years.

Free parking in TTC North lot was short live as pay fare machines all over the place now.

Look at the unfinish tunnel today and could hear jackhammering, but wasn't in the tunnel. Not much change since I saw it last.

Was on the 3rd car from the west end and walking from it to my bus bay that took 10 minutes and I was carry grocery. Will be using the elevator in place of using stairs with grocery. My bus was at the bus bay and would remain there for another 10 minutes before its schedule departure time.

Coming in today, got off at Dundas and walk to TTC a lot faster than my bus going to the Hub. The bus was turning at the east end to get to the bus bay as I near the entrance to TTC. That is about 7 minute saving doing the walk from Dundas. Hit the subway platform and no trains in sight. About 3 minutes later until 2 pull into the station. Had to wait close to 3 minutes to get into TTC Kipling Station after leaving Islington and that could be a breaker catching your bus without a long wait, depending on the time of day and the day of the week.

Will do some more time testing to see which maybe the route to/from TTC in the good weather as well getting a seat for me, but walking to TTC seems to be the fast route so far on good days.

Yes there is a Tim's/Wendy at the corner of Aukland and Dundas. It requires you to walk outside the terminals to get to it and back at a lost of 20 minutes or so if you only want a cup of X.

A Tim's or X inside of the Hub would be mainly for a cup of X and maybe something quick to eat like a muffin/donut. Mainly for something to drink.
I just saw that the Starbucks on the corner closed? Any news of if that property was purchased?

I just saw that the Starbucks on the corner closed? Any news of if that property was purchased?
I have no idea, but the city should take the opportunity to expand that way too damn narrow piece of sidewalk on Aukland on the east side of the property.

Reactions: TDE
It closed in Oct and there isn't much room for anything more than what there now. It was never busy compare to the one in the six point plaza.

Not sure if Hydro One owns. The land and its next to their transmission line and that will kill any redevelopment over 2 story.

Could be an opening for the city to buy the land to widen the sidewalk and put in a park all the way to TTC area there. With miWay not stopping at Aukland now, foot traffic will be light for that sidewalk now.

It closed in Oct and there isn't much room for anything more than what there now. It was never busy compare to the one in the six point plaza.

Not sure if Hydro One owns. The land and its next to their transmission line and that will kill any redevelopment over 2 story.

Could be an opening for the city to buy the land to widen the sidewalk and put in a park all the way to TTC area there. With miWay not stopping at Aukland now, foot traffic will be light for that sidewalk now.

A SIDEWALK in Etobicoke?!! Not with the current crop of anti-pedestrian councillors in Etobicoke.

Last edited:
Mississauga...the final frontier...
1611428694166.png

1611428706170.png

^ That was filmed in Toronto, not Mississauga. However, there will be a Star Trek show filmed in Mississauga in 2021 (Strange New Worlds).

Back