Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

From the latest Metrolinx newsletter.

20200828_164037.jpg

What kind of grade will TTC be looking at to go west for the new yard on the south side as well to Cloverdale??

Metrolinx installing a movator is a joke.

If it wasn't for Hydro One screwing this project as well TTC Commission not willing to build the extension to Cloverdale as requested by the X ward Councillor and chair of TTC a number of times, everyone would be riding the extension today and short walks between different systems at Cloverdale. TTC would have a better bus bay than they do today at Kipling as well saving a lot of dead time travel time.

TTC sure short cut Kipling compare to other terminal for some reason and biting them in the ass for that failure today. Could be they never thought the west end would be busy as it is today and more so down the road??

TTC can't put in their 3rd tail track until the work by it is done.

The best I can say until I walk the new tunnel, it flat and requiring an extra 5-10 travel time based on the rider need each way. There is only about 6 steps from the existing tunnel that I can recall to the fare area and less steps than Islington. Have a photo of it, but no idea when I shot it or how I tag it.

People who can't use stairs will have to take the elevator to the surface at the old/new PPUDO and walk across the new plaza area to/from TTC accessibly entrance and then use the elevator to/from the subway platform. This is something that can't be done at Islington today.

Before all TTC new parking lot can be build, the current temporary PPUDO will have to be move to the new one before that area can be rebuilt. Looks like something to be finish off in 2021 at current rate.

Taking a close look at the east end photo above, they have flashing in place above the windows now. Lot of ground compacting going where concrete roads will be pour.

This whole project just reeks of boondoggle since the logical, and obvious solution would have been to extend the subway west to the East Mall/Cloverdale area, where there would have been ample land to construct a proper hub. If my memory serves me correctly, the owner of the derelict Honeydale Mall lands even offered up a parcel of their property for a subway station for free. Can someone confirm?

This whole project just reeks of boondoggle since the logical, and obvious solution would have been to extend the subway west to the East Mall/Cloverdale area, where there would have been ample land to construct a proper hub. If my memory serves me correctly, the owner of the derelict Honeydale Mall lands even offered up a parcel of their property for a subway station for free. Can someone confirm?
Correct you are. However it is a dead link.

"Subway expansion west to be studied" http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?3111-Etobicoke-councillor-calls-for-new-subway-station

Correct you are. However it is a dead link.

"Subway expansion west to be studied" http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?3111-Etobicoke-councillor-calls-for-new-subway-station
This one?

Does it really make sense for Line 2 to get any longer? We should be looking to GO Expansion for regional rail. Subways to the suburbs doesn't really make sense.

Back