Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

Indeed a shitshow. Driving home WB from Bloor, waited for 3 lights at Aukland (I live in a Viking Lane condo), cops directing traffic at Aukland and Subway, saw a bus gun it through a red light and nearly hit the left turner in front of me.

Learned my lesson, will loop around to SB Kipling in future.

Just turn left before Aukland onto Viking Lane, or do a u-turn on Dundas and take the EB-SB ramp.

So is there still parking at Kipling if Subway Crescent is closed? How do I get there?

So is there still parking at Kipling if Subway Crescent is closed? How do I get there?
You use Subway Cr off Aukland to get to the reduced parking lot.

According to TTC plan for the parking lot, a new entrance/exit will be built at Acorn with traffic lights. The whole lot is supposed to be rebuilt, but no idea when. A new kiss & ride will be on the north side of the current one, with the existing driveway close off.

Just turn left before Aukland onto Viking Lane, or do a u-turn on Dundas and take the EB-SB ramp.
Looping up Aukland or through Six Points Plaza to Bloor is way easier than attempting a u turn on Dundas, but yeah, SB Kipling is the only viable way to get to St Albans parking entrance.

You use Subway Cr off Aukland to get to the reduced parking lot.

According to TTC plan for the parking lot, a new entrance/exit will be built at Acorn with traffic lights. The whole lot is supposed to be rebuilt, but no idea when. A new kiss & ride will be on the north side of the current one, with the existing driveway close off.
I think it would be prudent to do the Acorn entrance/parking lot pretty soon, given the cost of pay duty cops to handle the current mess at Aukland/Subway.

15246951654430.jpg

Auckland Rd. / Subway Cres. has active traffic lights now. Still some cops managing it though.

Attachments

• 15246951654430.jpg
    15246951654430.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 595
Reactions: PMT
I talked to a worker who installed the lights at the intersection above. He said they are temporary traffic lights for about 3 months. However, he said there is a possibility that they could stay longer depending how things evolve.

I talked to a worker who installed the lights at the intersection above. He said they are temporary traffic lights for about 3 months. However, he said there is a possibility that they could stay longer depending how things evolve.
I have a feeling they're going to end up being permanent knowing what goes on around in this city. Some people will come out and whine and complain when the lights are deactivated, then the councilor (DiCiano in this case) will pander to his constituents and agree to make them permanent since the election is right around the corner.

The area around Kipling Station is already a zoo, and these traffic lights will only make things worse.

I have a feeling they're going to end up being permanent knowing what goes on around in this city. Some people will come out and whine and complain when the lights are deactivated, then the councilor (DiCiano in this case) will pander to his constituents and agree to make them permanent since the election is right around the corner.

The area around Kipling Station is already a zoo, and these traffic lights will only make things worse.

I think, firstly, it's better than pay duty cops handling the traffic indefinitely, and secondly, considering Aukland is currently the only access to the TTC bus platforms, the commuter lot and PPUDO, as well as the only non-southbound Kipling exit for residents of 35 and 25 Viking Lane, this is a good solution, at least until the Acorn entrance to the new lot and PPUDO is complete. (And I do realise that residents could go EB on St Albans, up and back WB across Viking Lane and out to EB Dundas, but if you're going to Clovey-D, or anywhere west really, Aukland is the only way).

I parked at Kipling today, the PPUDO was an absolute mess. People were creating a third lane with their cars on the two lane loop.

I stopped using Kipling a few months ago because of this. The east passenger pickup became unusable when they decided to block half the spots with construction equipment and five or six of the remaining spots were used by TTC employees or contractors. On the rare occasions my wife takes the TTC, I tell her to go to Islington or Royal York. Now RY is pretty much screwed because of construction. I've pretty much stopped using the TTC altogether because of this and service reliability issues, particularly on Line2.

I stopped using Kipling a few months ago because of this. The east passenger pickup became unusable when they decided to block half the spots with construction equipment and five or six of the remaining spots were used by TTC employees or contractors. On the rare occasions my wife takes the TTC, I tell her to go to Islington or Royal York. Now RY is pretty much screwed because of construction. I've pretty much stopped using the TTC altogether because of this and service reliability issues, particularly on Line2.
Many suggested extending the B-D Line to Honeydale. Not only would that be closer to 427 for less bus congestion on Dundas, but it would have also avoided the disruption during construction. This construction chaos was deliberately inflicted on the area.

Many suggested extending the B-D Line to Honeydale. Not only would that be closer to 427 for less bus congestion on Dundas, but it would have also avoided the disruption during construction. This construction chaos was deliberately inflicted on the area.
It may seem that way, but it's just a combination of poor planning by the TTC and everything crumbling apart together at the same time. Off the top my head, we have the Kipling Bus Bay Reconstruction, Kipling Station Roof Replacement, Kipling Regional Bus Terminal, Royal York Bus Reconstruction, 501 Rail Replacement, and Humber Loop Reconstruction all going on at the same time. Then add in the Six Points Reconstruction and the end result is a zoo across Etobicoke which makes it virtually impossible to commute anywhere on time. Last year was even worse since all of that was going on, plus Kipling Avenue was going through road reconstruction as well.

If you have an employer or someone who asks why you're late, print of a list of all that so they can stop their whining.

By the look of things, the hydro ROW on the east side of Kipling is seeing construction to the point it could be a pave area like the western end by Islington to allow the north parking lot to be close and rebuilt. All the trees at the west and on Dundas are cut down for the new entrance.

Most of the existing land behind the hording for the new terminal is almost completed graded and clean up.
Photos to come.

Back