Toronto Kings Club at King High Line | 57.6m | 18s | First Capital | Kasian

I haven't seen this site in months nor follow the thread as well, but did some shooting today of the site and haven't miss much at all.

Not sure if it been noted in the thread, but Canadian Tire, Longos and a few other places have their name on the hoarding now, since this site will be their future home.

There was a bridge to be built over the rail corridor and was part of the Bridge Condo Project that change names many years ago and has never surface since then for the west end of this site.

I think this may be, well at least one would hope, the first modern Canadian Tire location that we have ever seen. How they've gotten away with their current store format for all these years is beyond me.

I think this may be, well at least one would hope, the first modern Canadian Tire location that we have ever seen. How they've gotten away with their current store format for all these years is beyond me.

Huh? There has been a new format every 5 years. CT has the youngest network of stores of any big box retailer in Canada with every store cycling through a format at least once in the last 5 years, some twice.

Huh? There has been a new format every 5 years. CT has the youngest network of stores of any big box retailer in Canada with every store cycling through a format at least once in the last 5 years, some twice.

I think he means a more urban format rather than an auto reliant one. I think the store has a certain reliance on autos no matter what however just like grocery stores - people tend to buy more or larger items than can easily be carried home.

And the Bay and Dundas Canadian Tire is very urban format.

I think he means a more urban format rather than an auto reliant one. I think the store has a certain reliance on autos no matter what however just like grocery stores - people tend to buy more or larger items than can easily be carried home.

And the Bay and Dundas Canadian Tire is very urban format.
That's exactly what I was trying to say, I should have elaborated a bit more. Sure their focuses are on autos but in their urban stores, that approach just makes it seem as though they have their hands in 5 different cookie jars at once.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, I should have elaborated a bit more. Sure their focuses are on autos but in their urban stores, that approach just makes it seem as though they have their hands in 5 different cookie jars at once.

Bay/Dundas and Alexis Nihon in Montreal both avoid the reliance on Automotive. Neither store has a service centre and their auto departments are almost non existent. The store on Danforth near Pape was also an urban concept with a very minimal auto presence. These are the only ‘urban’ stores that exist so far. (Missed one in Vancouver also)

Outside of those stores, the rest that do have automotive departments do so because demand exists for auto product and service. They wouldn’t put auto into a store unless the demographics supported it.

That being said, I can tell you that the Liberty Village store will not focus on Auto outside of maybe some air fresheners, a few cleaning supplies, and some auto tech.

IMG_20180104_085304.jpg

Very interesting that the preferred location has been swapped to the north side of King. It certainly ensures that the pedestrian and cycling infrastructure plans here will be completed… but I wonder how many years we will have to wait for the King Highline to connect now as the complications will undoubtedly delay it for a few years.

Very interesting that the preferred location has been swapped to the north side of King. It certainly ensures that the pedestrian and cycling infrastructure plans here will be completed… but I wonder how many years we will have to wait for the King Highline to connect now as the complications will undoubtedly delay it for a few years.

A better map....
King-Liberty SmartTrack Station
http://smarttrack.to/smarttrack/new-stations/liberty-village-station/

Back