Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

Can anyone clarify this...

My contract says they are allowed to make 3 EV extensions of 90 days. That would take me to mid-february. I assume I would get the option to get my money back...but would that mean that everyone who bought would? Even if they bought recently??? Or does each contract have a different 'cut off' date???

I prefer the three joined terraced buildings because they provide superior outdoor space for residents (over standalone towers). The podium does appear a bit too blockly though, especially on the westside face.

Can anyone clarify this...

My contract says they are allowed to make 3 EV extensions of 90 days. That would take me to mid-february. I assume I would get the option to get my money back...but would that mean that everyone who bought would? Even if they bought recently??? Or does each contract have a different 'cut off' date???

EV condition is only one for the entire project, same date for everybody

So anybody have a clue whats going on here. From what I have read they are not selling phase 2 until 'the tower' sells out....what a joke!

Anyways back to options, February is the longest the EV can be extended before they offer money back to buyers. Does anybody think buyers will get this option (ie - they do not start construction by Feb). Based on things right now there should be no way for them to start by February but I am weary of them pulling a fast one in order to keep the original buyers on board (split up in phases and start construction on phase 1 or something along those lines.)

Last edited:
Was at the showroom today... I counted just under 40 units left in the Tower to sell. They were all the bigger units. anything under 700 sq ft was gone. The model suite was being ripped apart today as I was there and I was told they are going to change it up now to get ready for phase 2 to come out. I hope they mean it this time!!

So anybody have a clue whats going on here. From what I have read they are not selling phase 2 until 'the tower' sells out....what a joke!

Anyways back to options, February is the longest the EV can be extended before they offer money back to buyers. Does anybody think buyers will get this option (ie - they do not start construction by Feb). Based on things right now there should be no way for them to start by February but I am weary of them pulling a fast one in order to keep the original buyers on board (split up in phases and start construction on phase 1 or something along those lines.)

about 3 weeks ago I saw an AD in the newspaper saying "Phase 2 Coming Soon"

to my suprise this weekend I saw a revised AD in the newspaper saying "Phase 3 Coming Soon" ... while I was in the area this weekend I saw a bunch of cars at the King West Life sales office and the door had a 'private event by invitation only' sign, it appears it was an agent preview event ...

I gather King West Life condos are selling like hotcakes?? it moved very quickly from Tower 2 to Tower 3 ~

about 3 weeks ago I saw an AD in the newspaper saying "Phase 2 Coming Soon"

to my suprise this weekend I saw a revised AD in the newspaper saying "Phase 3 Coming Soon" ... while I was in the area this weekend I saw a bunch of cars at the King West Life sales office and the door had a 'private event by invitation only' sign, it appears it was an agent preview event ...

I gather King West Life condos are selling like hotcakes?? it moved very quickly from Tower 2 to Tower 3 ~

The pricing for Phase 2 and the Tower was very attractive considering the location, layouts and finishes; that is way they have been selling very well and moving so quickly

This project (King West Life) is hideous. It's a big, monolithic building that has terrible style, and even worse, is scaled all wrong for this area.

I pray that they're not going to build this... or at least not in this form. Yuckk.

given how quickly King West Life is selling, contrarary to SP!RE's hopes, I guess this massive 3 tower project will be going forward afterall ... despite many of us (including myself) thought this 1000+ units project would not pull through

This project (King West Life) is hideous. It's a big, monolithic building that has terrible style, and even worse, is scaled all wrong for this area.

I pray that they're not going to build this... or at least not in this form. Yuckk.

I dont know about that, does not seem any worse than what is already there.

Yeah but why settle for the standards that have been set so far?

Once you building something, its permanence is one of the biggest problems to consider. Once that thing is built-- we're stuck with it for a long time.CityPlace righted many of their mistakes about halfway through their development... somewhat, at least.

I'd rather they scale this development more to the existing area than to the dumpy stuff that's been created in the last few years.

The pricing for Phase 2 and the Tower was very attractive considering the location, layouts and finishes; that is way they have been selling very well and moving so quickly

They have kept the pricing exactly the same for all three phases. there is only a handful of units left in the whole complex. The second phase went to VIP brokers only and they sold almost everything under a 2 plus den in half a day. phase 3 I was told was even faster. The only thing left is a select few smaller units and a few expensive ones and townhomes.

Anybody have an idea of how much of this complex is sold? I am wondering if they will reach the 70% threshold of sold to meet the EV criteria before February...

Thanks!

Back