Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

GO TO www.kingwestlife.com

THEY CHANGED EVERYTHING!!! I would assume we will all have an option of backing out or going forward... its called the Tower now, and i would think they are going to call all of us to assign us different suites. I dont know how i feel about this if its a good thing or a bad thing. But WOW what a shocker to see a completely different building going up!

THOUGHTS PEOPLE!!!!

GO TO www.kingwestlife.com

THEY CHANGED EVERYTHING!!! I would assume we will all have an option of backing out or going forward... its called the Tower now, and i would think they are going to call all of us to assign us different suites. I dont know how i feel about this if its a good thing or a bad thing. But WOW what a shocker to see a completely different building going up!

THOUGHTS PEOPLE!!!!

i like the design of the new building ALOT more than the other one.
do you know if that means they are eliminating all 3 phases/buildings now for only this one?

I am WAY too confused at this time to comment ... on one hand dc01231 is telling us the 3 King West Life towers have been and replaced by The Tower @ King West ... whereas in The Tower @ King West thread, carturo15 advises that The Tower @ King West is in a different location than King West Life ... can anyone please provide some images from the 'new' sales brochure to clarify ??

The site for this project on the website is different to the location of phase one, that is why I think this is phase 2. this building has aprox 350 units, while phase 1, I think has more than 1000 units between the 3 towers. The project will be released on Sept 10 and from my understanding there are already 40 units sold

It's right beside the Metro on the east side. they have very nice layouts, the lower floors have huge balconies and terraces

I was at the sales centre for King West Life Condos yesterday and this is what's up. They are still selling the KWLC's (with all 3 phases to be built at once, but still only selling Phase 1), and this new Tower will be located to the east of Metro and behind the Liberty Village Towers Sales Centre (the cool warehouse). Completely confusing to me why they would start a second project as sales aren't hot for the first project.

I was at the sales centre for King West Life Condos yesterday and this is what's up. They are still selling the KWLC's (with all 3 phases to be built at once, but still only selling Phase 1), and this new Tower will be located to the east of Metro and behind the Liberty Village Towers Sales Centre (the cool warehouse). Completely confusing to me why they would start a second project as sales aren't hot for the first project.

Thanks for the clarification. Really strange how they are gonna start selling another one when they have so much still to sell in KWLC's.

Whats going on with the sales centre? Is it being shared for the new 'tower' sales or will that have a separate sales centre?

I went into the sales centre the other day. For now they are only allowing agents who have sold in the King west project to sell units in the new building. In a few weeks they will allow all other agents to sell units as well and then on the 10th they open to the public. They said there is delays in the second phase of the King west project but they are confident that they will sell this building quickly. (this is what I was told) And phase 2 of king west should come out probably in a month and a half-2 months.

Thanks for the clarification. Really strange how they are gonna start selling another one when they have so much still to sell in KWLC's.

Whats going on with the sales centre? Is it being shared for the new 'tower' sales or will that have a separate sales centre?

I went into the sales centre the other day. For now they are only allowing agents who have sold in the King west project to sell units in the new building. In a few weeks they will allow all other agents to sell units as well and then on the 10th they open to the public. They said there is delays in the second phase of the King west project but they are confident that they will sell this building quickly. (this is what I was told) And phase 2 of king west should come out probably in a month and a half-2 months.

I really think they are trying to keep a positive take on the KWLC's project (3 phases) but realistically they are gonna take a long time to sell the remaining units with some much inventory in the market. Its taken them nearly 1.5 years and they havent sold even 1/3rd of the building. I am guessing that we will see EV extensions quite a few more times. They were supposed to start building earlier this year when the project first came out!

out of curiosity ... can anyone CONFIRM whether the 3-tower project is called:

King West Condominiums

- or -

King West Life Condominiums

I dont know if anyone can read that... but this was posted on the door today at the showroom saying they are changing up the showroom to release the new project (the tower)

Attachments

• IMG00212-20090906-1438.jpg
    IMG00212-20090906-1438.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 227
I dropped by the sales centre (to use the bathroom) last Wednesday and was told that they are temporarily halting all sales of this project (KWC in LV) and will only be selling the new "Tower at King West in Liberty Village" project (talk about idiotic names). When this new Tower is done sales, then they will go back to selling "King West Condos in Liberty Village". This is completely bizarre and I simply wouldn't trust any company who does this. Also, I believe that originally the word "Life" was included but they got rid of it. It's official name is above.

You know this is getting ridiculous... They keep throwing in curve balls one after the other. This project is so screwed up right now I think its only a matter of time before they either change the design of the building, build it in phases or scrap it. The fact that they havent released phase 2 just goes to show that they arent even sure they want to build it. If they took the time and money to design this other building, floorplans and all, then why wouldnt they have released phase 2? Clearly the area can handle the sales, the Tower is selling very well already. There has to be some serious issues in house with this project. Probably a ton of behind the scenes drama that is causing these delays.

I dropped by the sales centre (to use the bathroom) last Wednesday and was told that they are temporarily halting all sales of this project (KWC in LV) and will only be selling the new "Tower at King West in Liberty Village" project (talk about idiotic names). When this new Tower is done sales, then they will go back to selling "King West Condos in Liberty Village". This is completely bizarre and I simply wouldn't trust any company who does this. Also, I believe that originally the word "Life" was included but they got rid of it. It's official name is above.

Scrap it.

3 or 4 taller, smaller-footprinted buildings would do the job far better. They don't even have to be that tall. Heck, screw the height, just break up the site into smaller parcels and do 2 or 3 buildings of distinction by different local architects. This monolithic superblock embodies everything that's wrong with development in Toronto. We can talk big, but when it comes down to it, we rarely have the marbles.

Back