Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

My husband I bought a unit in the South Mountain and the reason we did was because of the architecture, the overall concept and beauty of King Toronto. We are middle-class professionals who once lived in Toronto and then relocated outside of the GTA for work. We always planned to return to Toronto for our retirement. King Toronto represents all that we value; beauty and uniqueness in architectural design; design that enables the formation of community; design that takes into account climate change and the need to be within a natural setting in an urban context; design that honours the fascinating history of the King-Spadina neighbourhood, a neighbourhood we know well having worked in it many years ago. (I was a school-teacher at an alternative school on Brant Street in the 1990s.) We also LOVE the attention paid to detail by this developer, especially with respect to the outer landscaping and interior design. We put together all of our resources for the down-payment and we will have to scale down considerably (that's an understatement) to move into our King Toronto unit. We are not super wealthy, nor are we buying this unit as an investment. We bought our unit because we were looking for a home and a community to spend our twilight years in and we could not be more happy about that decision.

Congratulations and welcome to the neighbourhood. If you don’t mind me asking, could you give us an insight into how a resident arborist is going to factor into your condo, from the effect on condo fees to required access? Will you be allowed to maintain your own trees and are you restricted in what species you can plant or will this be taken care of by the corporation? If so, how will they access the vegetation for regular maintenance?

Not sure I fully understood (until I saw the fencing in the above pictures) how big a swath of King Street this development encompasses. Makes me even more excited.

Some backyard pics before access is closed

Nov 15, 2019

DSC05257.JPG

DSC05258.JPG

DSC05259.JPG

DSC05260.JPG

DSC05261.JPG

DSC05262.JPG

DSC05263.JPG

DSC05264.JPG

fullsizeoutput_31dc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_31dd.jpeg

Now that's a pothole
DSC05267.JPG

DSC05268.JPG

DSC05269.JPG

fullsizeoutput_31de.jpeg

DSC05272.JPG

Fore sure an exciting change and addition to King West
A bit sad that it's taking so long to get built tho leaving the area in construction and no retail for 5 years :(
V

I doubt some interior work on the heritage buildings counts as construction starting. Are there any big machines on the premise?

Dec 5, 2019

Back end of the Spice Route Asian Bistro + Bar

View attachment 218598
How dare them to destroy a building like this. Where is Heritage Toronto and Kristyn Wong-Tam ( I know it's not her riding, but who is better to make preservation noise) ?
This building is a typical representation of <fill-the-years> architecture. In 50 years, our grand-children ask 'how Toronto looked in the years past' - and what we would be able to show aside old UT photographs.

well, theres CN tower which will be almost 100 in 50 years and bunch of buildings in Financial district that will be 100+ years old, you can show them those buildings and im pretty sure they will be happy with the answer.

How dare them to destroy a building like this. Where is Heritage Toronto and Kristyn Wong-Tam ( I know it's not her riding, but who is better to make preservation noise) ?
This building is a typical representation of <fill-the-years> architecture. In 50 years, our grand-children ask 'how Toronto looked in the years past' - and what we would be able to show aside old UT photographs.
You're upset that this is being torn down?
fullsizeoutput_31c1-jpeg.214518

Source: @Red Mars

There were no heritage protections on it as it has no perceived heritage value, plus 1) Kristyn Wong Tam is not likely to raise a stink about teardowns outside her ward, and 2) everything that will happen on this block was debated for a few years, evolved along the way, and has been approved. You are very late to the game here.

You're upset that this is being torn down?
fullsizeoutput_31c1-jpeg.214518

Source: @Red Mars

There were no heritage protections on it as it has no perceived heritage value, plus 1) Kristyn Wong Tam is not likely to raise a stink about teardowns outside her ward, and 2) everything that will happen on this block was debated for a few years, evolved along the way, and has been approved. You are very late to the game here.

Buddy, pretty sure they're being sarcastic…

Back