Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

Rendering

ingels16a.jpg

Attachments

• ingels16a.jpg
    ingels16a.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,228
Oh very cool! It's not Toronto enough though. What about privacy, shadows and skyviews!

Privacy? Take a look at all the condos along the Gardiner corridor, Liberty Village and the Entertainment District. All those condos look on to each other have no privacy. Sure it's a bit radical for our city but what's wrong with that? Take a look at the Absolute Towers in Mississauga.
I really like this, kind of like Habitat in Montreal.

Like Habitat for sure in its angular, modular aspects, but quite different in its massing - less compact, more organic, with a topography resembling mountains and valleys.

Bring it on.

This is outstanding. Can't wait to see more details.

I hope they don't - this is the sort of rule-breaking the city needs and should be rewarded for.

AoD

If Thomson Residences, which is almost 300 metres to the west of this site, got 15 storeys of sheer streetwall there, I don't see why Westbank can't get ~20 storeys that are setback from the street here.

Looks awesome!
I wonder if it will be in raw/polished concrete or clad in stone?
If concrete, I wonder if it will come across as cold and dark.

While this is indeed a very inspired design, I think it's wise to not get one's hopes up too much. We're always just one re-design away from an extremely dumbed-down version, and lord knows how often we've seen that happen. Toronto is, apart from a handful of exceptions, allergic to bold design.

Back