Toronto Karma Condos | 165.8m | 50s | Lifetime | a—A

when can we see some renders! i've spent alot of time in/around college park, a good sized tower is welcomed here!

Its a cross between CASA and Theatre Park (both aA projects). It is no where near as dynamic as the original proposal, the tower component is very CASA with the wrap around balconies, and the base is Theatre Park with the expansive curtain wall and angled columns set very far back from the street with a public square.

Heritage and Planning dept. really messed around with this proposal, the entire project had to be designed around ensuring the house (which is only a listed heritage property) was visibile from all sides and from Yonge Street (the house will have retail), hence the set back, there is a three story glass podium (which was designed like casas to have a very institutional feel,) with angled columns, the tower rise over 50 storeys glass with wrap around glass balconies (very casa) the top however has a large mechanical box very similar to to X (I believe also an aA project?).

Cool! Good site for a condo, and good height too. Hope aA's got something good for us.

ARE U KIDDING??? that area is already so densly populated its pure hell to do errands ...noisy construction for 3 more years? i bet you dont live in the neighborhood do you?

if you lived in the area you would know another highrise exactly what they DONT NEED

please! no more highrises in the Bay/Grenville area!!!

lots of residents in the Grenville are pissed and attending that consultation!

Last edited by a moderator:
From Councillor Wong-Tam's email newsletter:

9-21 Grenville:

o Proposal: Rezoning Application

o 49-storey condominium residential application

o Protection of heritage building at 21 Grenville

o Issues to be considered include: setbacks from sidewalk and height

o Open House and Community Consultation:

o Date: February 9, 2011

o Location: YMCA - 20 Grosvenor Street

o Time: TBD

Does anyone know the time of this meeting?

if you lived in the area you would know another highrise exactly what they DONT NEED

Diane, why is another high-rise in an area full of high rises that also happens to be practically next to a subway station and in walking distance of everything a bad thing?

long time downtown resident

Have you ever considered moving to Brampton? There are almost no highrises there and the area is comparatively sparsely populated. You'd love it!

nasty.i didnt realize personal attacks were allowed here. Well ..I have lived in this Grenville area for 17 years and love it. no car. easy access. quiet street - then not 1 but 2 coops built. then not 1 but 2 condos. try shopping for food or necessities and the long lineup. the area just is not eqiupped with services of all kids to accommodate another 1,000 residents. I guess you have not lived next to a construction site - it starts around 4.30 am. I kid you not. So yes, one more high rise is a serious affliction to this very dense area. Plus that property is very small, i mean VERY small. The city council has been dealing with the developers attempt to circumvent common rules and regs, and it is not an improvement.

Well ..I have lived in this Grenville area for 17 years and love it. no car. easy access. quiet street - then not 1 but 2 coops built. then not 1 but 2 condos. try shopping for food or necessities and the long lineup. the area just is not eqiupped with services of all kids to accommodate another 1,000 residents. I guess you have not lived next to a construction site - it starts around 4.30 am. I kid you not. So yes, one more high rise is a serious affliction to this very dense area. Plus that property is very small, i mean VERY small. The city council has been dealing with the developers attempt to circumvent common rules and regs, and it is not an improvement.

I believe I read somewhere on UT that a Sobey's is being added to College Park and a block or so away will be the new Loblaw's in Maple Leaf Gardens. There will be a number of new shops in Aura when it is completed too.

And I know other neighbourhoods have successfully lobbied to have construction projects only work at set times - such as between 8 am and 6 pm only.

i hear you, green leaf. technically construction is only allowed 7 am start on weekdays but Murano ignored that for the entire period of construction; on weekend it would start at 7 am, not the legally stated 9 am. so i know whats coming.....

nasty.i didnt realize personal attacks were allowed here. Well ..I have lived in this Grenville area for 17 years and love it. no car. easy access. quiet street - then not 1 but 2 coops built. then not 1 but 2 condos. try shopping for food or necessities and the long lineup. the area just is not eqiupped with services of all kids to accommodate another 1,000 residents. I guess you have not lived next to a construction site - it starts around 4.30 am. I kid you not. So yes, one more high rise is a serious affliction to this very dense area. Plus that property is very small, i mean VERY small. The city council has been dealing with the developers attempt to circumvent common rules and regs, and it is not an improvement.

I think his suggestion was perfectly reasonable and not a "personal attack" at all. If you want a cosy quiet neighbourhood perhaps look into moving elsewhere. The Bay Street corridor is only going to go up up up. It's not bad to advise a move somewhere else if you want to be invest time and energy in being a successful NIMBY :) !!

Back