Toronto Infinity Condos | ?m | 35s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

Infinity: Phases 3 & 4

I figured a new thread was in order, but if we want to use the old Infinity thread, that works too.

In May, there was a Star article talking about how PATH will be extended all the way down through the ICE condos and office tower, to be incorporated with Infinity "phases 3 and 4" according to the newspaper.

Do we know any information or do we atleast have some city planning documents to see what these would look like, and what heights they would be?

-URBAN!ITY

All I know is that Infinity 3 is supposed to be 35 floors. I am guessing that Phase 4 will be a slab, not a tower.

infinity3small.jpg

Okay, according to Emporis:

Buildings of Infinity Condominiums

Building - Floors - Year
Infinity .. 35 .. 2006
Infinity² .. 14 .. 2007
Infinity Phase 3 .. 35 .. 2011
Infinity Phase 4 .. 15 .. 2012

Phase 1 and 2 were hideous... They offer laminate (plastic coated particle board) for their kitchen and bathroom counters, just to name one... couldn't get more trailer park ... I can't wait to see 3 and 4 ... I hope Conservatory Group got its act together and will offer something close to ICE as a competition.

Shit, I guess I must be trailer park cause I got a cheap condo with new laminate kitchen, and don't feel any poorer. Guess that makes me lower class! :rolleyes:

It is actually a much better investment to buy the cheapest kitchen you can and upgrade it yourself. My guess is the builder will charge you $4-5k extra for granite. It cost me about $1700 to hire someone to make and install granite countertops for me, in a largish condo kitchen. Same thing for cabinet doors and the backsplash. It's a lot of work, but financially it is worth it.

The infinities are a bit underwhelming. I could care less about the countertops in the units (this "enforced granite" era shall pass, too) but they are dull presences on the street, to be certain.

I am dismayed to hear that two more shall rise, though of course I had heard a long time ago.

I figured a new thread was in order, but if we want to use the old Infinity thread, that works too.

In May, there was a Star article talking about how PATH will be extended all the way down through the ICE condos and office tower, to be incorporated with Infinity "phases 3 and 4" according to the newspaper.

Do we know any information or do we atleast have some city planning documents to see what these would look like, and what heights they would be?

-URBAN!ITY

Couple months ago I was talking to Planning dept staff and confirmed Site Plan Application have been submitted by Conservatory on this site, in effect to create a copy of Infinity 1+2 on these lands (east tower, west slab). However there are no staff reports as it does not require rezoning approvals.

Seeing that Conservatory secured minor variance approvals for Infinity 3+4 in early 2008, I don't suppose they would change plans now to increase the height of the ~35 storeys tower to sync with the proposed 55-65 storeys ICE towers.

Are there city documents with renderings? I know some people here know how to find links to them on the City of Toronto planning website.

Why doesn't the city stop crap like this from going up. No wonder most developers don't care.

We should have a by-law requiring the builder to submit different plans to the community for apporval. This way the builder and the architects will be under pressure and where there is competition and pressure, you get results. Right now it looks like as long as it meets zoing it doesn't matter what it is... Infiinity will pollute this zone for many decades until it is demolished... Just like Maple Leaf Quay has been sore thumb on the waterfront.

Urban!ty ... there are no publicly released city documents / staff reports on Infinity 3+4, this application process has been handled internally by staff ... however you could arrange to go look at the plans at the counter @ City Hall, but no photocopying or photographs

New large scale developments now go through a Design Review Panel process, however I believe Infinity 3+4 may have been intiated prior to this City initiative.

^^ Thanks Solaris, how informative if you. I appreciate it! :cheers:

Just for clarification's sake... am I correct in understanding that the only developments with public documents/ pdf.'s online with elevations, are projects in which the city has challenged the developer or made changes to the proposal or... I just don't understand why many developments have these city documents online with elevations, but many others do not.

I am happy to provide any assistance that I could to contribute to UT...

generally plans (site plan, elevations etc) are attached to any City of Toronto planning staff reports since 2006 ... however only new projects which exceed and require amendments (change) to existing as-of-right limitations such as Zoning By-law and Official Plan regulations will be subject to a planning staff report process; Site Plan Approval for development proposals which conform to the OP and ZBL (such as Infinity 3+4) are delegated to staff approvals and as such does not trigger staff reports for consideration by City Council

To answer the question, new development which you see a staff report on the City's website does not denote that the City has objection against that proposal

Back