Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

They’ve been pouring a lot of these curbs between the LRT row and the street. From the looks of it, a car wouldn’t be able to just drive onto the ROW outside of intersections, correct?
Correct. Also, because the tracks aren't embedded in concrete up to top-of-track, cars would get stuck if they tried to cross the RoW.

They’ve been pouring a lot of these curbs between the LRT row and the street. From the looks of it, a car wouldn’t be able to just drive onto the ROW outside of intersections, correct?
They were using the curb machine to pour the road curb between Elm and Matthew Gates which is a few feet deep today. This setup the guideway to have the base form and pour so the tracks can be install on it and then pour in place.

There isn't any intersection where a vehicle drive off it onto the guideway without getting stuck within a foot or 2 of doing so.

There are sections where no curbs have been poured between the tracks

A few more pics showing some of the new curbs. Hard to tell which ones are new versus the other day but I got some slightly different views this time.

IMG_6509.jpeg
IMG_6510.jpeg
IMG_6511.jpeg
IMG_6512.jpeg
IMG_6513.jpeg
IMG_6514.jpeg
IMG_6515.jpeg
IMG_6516.jpeg
IMG_6517.jpeg
IMG_6518.jpeg

It's more because people still call it Highway 10 because Mississauga has a rural history.
Good to know.

Also, for anyone wondering. I've just recently picked up a drone. If anyone wants any aerial shots of the HMLRT regardless of where it is, let me know and I'll visit with a few shots.

I have plans to do a video flythrough of the entirety of the work, and get some much closer photos that people probably want. Just let me know!

What happened to @Bangkok. I haven’t seen his pictures for a while.
He now goes by his real name, @Tim MacDonald. Based on what he said in his aerial photography thread, he seems to be busy right now.

Good to know.

Also, for anyone wondering. I've just recently picked up a drone. If anyone wants any aerial shots of the HMLRT regardless of where it is, let me know and I'll visit with a few shots.

I have plans to do a video flythrough of the entirety of the work, and get some much closer photos that people probably want. Just let me know!
I would say good candidates include the Mississauga City Centre area, and the stretch south of the QEW. Just be sure to follow drone restrictions, particularly between the 407 and Britannia.

I decided over the summer months that I will be stepping back more for posting, doing photographing of urban and transit projects that I follow to the point some have seen the end of the line even though they are still being built. Haven't been happy with my photographing and more so on my trip that close to 40% of them will be scrap due to issues with the cameras. Left with 4 and came back with one that needs to go in for repairs and service. My D7100 bit the dust, forgot to take the batteries for another one and the camera for shooting videos had issues as well taking 3 seconds taking photos between shots. My days as a transit advocate are coming to an end after doing it for 25 years as the powers to be don't listen to us or groups anymore and do what they want to do regardless if it wrong and too expensive in the first place.

Both Sq One Dr and Burnhamthorpe intersection in the process if being pave considering they were ready last week. They enlarge the gap for Sq one to keep the same distance between the road and guideway. They were tampering the backfill at Burnhamthorpe yesterday. They where doing some saw cutting yesterday there as well and have do idea why it was taking place. Not only is Burnhamthorpe been pave, but the road next to the guideway from Burnhamthorpe to Absolute.

Today is September the 4th, this leaves 15 days to get the second haft of Burnhamthorpe intersection built and will it happen by the 19th as noted?

Curb being pour for the northbound curb lane from Fairview to the CP bridge.

Northbound curb lane has been poured from Hillcrest to the Queensway with various sections been form for the missing section of the curb or at the corners. Paving is taking place from the Queensway to Dundas and no sidewalk in place other than dirt.

Sidewalk has bee poured for the west side starting at Mary Fix Creek going north.

The retaining wall being built north of the CP bridge is to stop at the north end of the condo building according to markings on the road. The wall is not a straight sloping one starting with the high end at the bridge to the north end as it rise and falls for the condo building area. Could be wrong, but it looks like they plan on sloping the sidewalk,

The north pier for the 403 bridge has the east wall form and no idea if it has been poured yet. The wall starts thick at the base and slope up to a thinner section. Looks like they have removed some of the form blocks at the north end and no idea what is taking place for it. Backfilling still on going for both the south 403 pier and the north elevation section that will support the wye connection on the earth.

The high wall being built at CP station to the north is the standard found at other stations and this area will be the future platform extension.

Looking at the corridor, there is room for a wider guideway like the north end from the QEW to Steeles, but requires the shifting of hydro poles and a few other things. Since all the hydro poles have been replace, no idea why the new ones were not shifted unless hydro did this after the fact as the guideway was design.

Crews installing trackwork for the Eglinton Station.

With both curb lanes pave between Dundas and the Queensway, we will see the next intersection close for building the guideway across it. I expect the King intersection will be a full closure and most likely the next one follow by Paisley.

Until they do the southbound curb lane from the bridge to Dundas, cannot do John St nor Hillcrest. Don't expect to see Dundas intersection done until O1-Q2 of 2025 that will be fun for drivers going east-west.

Plan on looking at the 407 area on the weekend, but fail to do so.

Crew working on the north end of the Hurontario overpass as they need to get that area as well the area north of the 403 off ramp done to shift traffic back to normal to allow the guideway to be built to the 403 off ramp and Kingsbridge, Still a lot of work on the south end to be done before traffic is back to normal.

By missing my GO train last week heading west to Port Credit, the light was against me for getting shots of the north side of the guideway area, but got daylight shots for the station going east.

No idea when photos will be on line as not in the mood these days to work on my backlog.

I can report that as of this moment they’ve reopened the north section of the Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe intersection that has been closed for some time. They appear to be in progress but as of writing they haven’t closed off the southern section to work on it, yet.

I can report that as of this moment they’ve reopened the north section of the Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe intersection that has been closed for some time. They appear to be in progress but as of writing they haven’t closed off the southern section to work on it, yet.
Westbound traffic started to cross the new guideway at 9:30pm and the eastbound is mostly setup that will open later tonight. Guild was adding and removing traffic lights before the road open.

Talking to a few white hats I got to know, Sq One intersection was next at 10pm with paint to be done before moving back to Burnhamthorpe. Both intersections will be open tomorrow to surprise drivers.

Starting next week, Paisley will see a full closure for the guideway and it will be follow by a full closure for King.

Had to go to Brampton today and did some videos of the corridor. They were reducing northbound traffic to a single lane at Eglinton for trackwork and hours later, not a sole on site with pilons up.

Structural steel is going up for the Port Credit LRT station building. Sorry, wasn't able to grab a shot, but an exciting milestone.
Better than no info and thanks for it.

With Paisley intersection starting next week with King to follow after it, would be surprise to see the guideway dug up from north of the fire station and short of King. They have asphalted a so call walkway until it come time to build a real sidewalk. They will setup a temporary walkway in the curb lane and it will still leave enough room for a single lane of traffic between the guideway and walkway until the sidewalk is built

As far as I know, Floradale Dr intersection is to be close off since there isn't traffic light for it. It will be right in/out only with a U-turn at Paisley and King only.

Had a quick look at the intersection before heading into Toronto and the Sq One shoppers as well southbound traffic are thrill to have 2 lanes again than the one lane for the work. Concrete barriers up for the 2nd phase of Burnhamthorpe work.

No idea why the road being dug up at CP for southbound traffic and no left turn allow.

What happened to @Bangkok. I haven’t seen his pictures for a while.
I'm still kicking around but haven't flown since early July. It's been a brutally busy time of late; partly self inflicted with the remaining part visited upon me.. However, I'm charging up right now for maybe some Sunday morning activity.
1725657132000.jpeg

Back