Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

From last week's Metrolinx Board meeting, a question about software and Eglinton, Hurontario, Finch W LRT. Not sure if there's anything too interesting but if you're interested, check it out.

I took a walk near Cooksville GO a couple of days ago, and snapped a few pictures.

Hurontario and Central Parkway, looking south:
IMG_20240630_2011153.jpg
IMG_20240630_2011307.jpg

And looking north (had to jaywalk for this one, but there was almost no traffic):
IMG_20240630_2013154.jpg

The barrier at Hurontario and Hanson Rd. Similar to what it was a few weeks ago, it seems the sidewalk is closed, but an unofficial gap exists to get by. The signs point pedestrians to the left for a bypass:
IMG_20240630_2019273.jpg

But that way is only a bus stop! Crossing Hurontario here is not recommended, but an intrepid voyager could hop to the bus stop on the opposite side:
IMG_20240630_2019485.jpg

Further south, the new retaining wall on the west of Hurontario is taking shape:
IMG_20240630_2021056.jpg

IMG_20240630_2021137.jpg

On the north side of the tracks, looking south toward the Milton Line rail bridge. End of the line, for real this time. The only way onward is to the Cooksville GO station up the stairs:
IMG_20240630_2022454.jpg

On the station platform, that gap in the gate makes for a tempting shortcut.... (don't worry, I used the pedestrian tunnel.)
IMG_20240630_2025160.jpg

Back to Hurontario, at John St. The path north is blocked off here, too, marking the southern end of the forbidden zone. The crosswalk button has been rendered inaccessible:
IMG_20240630_2029337.jpg

Last edited:
July 2nd

Took a walk down to Dundas about 4pm as I wanted to check a few things out before doing some grocery shopping but ended up at the Lakeshore Line before doing the shopping.

Central Parkway is 3rd on the list for paving on Wednesday and will be late in the day for it and late opening the intersection. Crew not sure how much milling will have to take place as the guideway is supposed to a little higher than it supposed to be. All the barriers are gone with pillions in their place.

As it been note by others and me, lack of signage has been a issue to date and wanted to shoot various locations where signage should be for the close west sidewalk from Fairview to CP bridge. The only sign I saw was at the pathway mid block and could say it was for the ramp area where the bus stop used to be. One takes their life in hand trying to cross Hurontario at the bus stop as there is no opening in the fence other than at the northbound bus stop. None at John Street for the close sidewalk there nor direction signage and the pointed arrow.

Same can be said for most of my walk to Port Credit.

Looks like no one checking fencing for condition as well signage on them. If they did, some signage would have been removed by now. There is a sign on the east side about 3/4 of the way to the bridge saying Temporary Bus stop which has happen in place for bus stop, but it also said for Route 2 Main and 502 that happens to be in Brampton, not Mississauga. Then I did see miWay signs in Brampton, but not even close to a bus stop nor the route. Lots of fencing in poor shape.

The east sidewalk doesn't exist along with the curb and road for the northbound lanes south of King St to just short of the Queensway. All kinds of gas line markings on the road. No idea what plan for this area other than widening the road and rebuilding the sidewalk.

Looked at a detour noticed for the 102 and 4 and it was wrong like so many in the past with the start date of June 21/24 with no end date that was never used for southbound buses since that date. Happen to see a route supervisor whom I spoked to of this wrong map as well a few other things along the route since they were taping off a bus shelter at the Queensway with broken glass. I pointed out there was another one at Dundas that been broken since last week. Cost to replace these broken panels is taking a toll on them cost wise and it applies to other systems to the point some systems have scrap the glass shelters and gone open shelters due to the cost to repair them. Saw a few systems this year where there were no enclosures to the weather.

The first haft of the Queensway intersection is built and open with no idea when it open. Saw a few no left turns take place as normal. They have excavated the other haft and ready to place some vault boxes before the guideway can be built. The station will be on the southside due to the fire station to the north as will be closer to the new hospital that is to be built next year once the existing structures that are currently been torn apart.

South of the Queensway, the west sidewalk is on the road as utilizes are being bury there now to Sherobee. The area south of Sherobee is partly dug up for expansion.

Not much has happen for the new northbound underpass at the QEW since early this year other that some of the new wide sidewalk in place with some curbs and subbase asphalt road for 3 lanes. On lane will be use for the ramp to the QEW westbound with marking on the ground as to where the curbs and islands have to be built that will have 2 left turn lanes. small section of the new sidewalk to the existing underpass for bikes and pedestrian to the east to connect to the new sidewalk for the underpass.

From India Valley to Mary Fix Creek, the westside sidewalk, road, curb and everything else dug up with drives have a steel plate over something. Up to a few months ago, they were still installing underground dry utilizes that are now completed.

Looking at where the Mary Fix Creeks goes under Hurontario raise a red flag for me today as to what is plan for the box structure under Hurontario St. It is possible it will be rebuilt to support the LRT as well widen it to improve the flow into the new channel built last year as well the final section starting July once the existing bridge is close and remove. Fail to shoot that bridge today, but have a number of it already.

As for the new Englewood intersection, it ready to be open once the fences are removed along with the barriers and traffic light turn on come July 4. LED screen for northbound traffic advising them of the new change, but nothing coming south.

Looking at the push box, they are building another wall in the west tunnel to the east of the box and that must be where part of the sidewalk to the station will be. There has to be a ramp somewhere to get around the station from the surface area to the lower sidewalk but cannot be seen from the ground at this time or it may still have to be built.

Plan on trying to setup a meeting with ML/Mobilinx about a number of things, especially signage.

After this walk as well during the walk, I have revised the timeframe when we may see this line in service and it could be a 2 phase start up. Brampton to Sq One will be Q4/2025 to Q1 2026. Sq One to Port Credit Q4 2026 to Q2 2027. We are in July 2024 and will be surprised to see any guideway work this year south of Fairview other than some, but not all intersections still to be done. If there any wet utilize to be install south of Dundas this year, the northbound lane and sidewalk will not be in place until 2025. South of the QEW may not be completed until late 2025 to early 2026 to start work on the guideway. Hydro has no plans to complete their work until mid to later 2025.

Photos to follow when I have time to work on then.

Last edited:
From a Canada Day walkabout:

View attachment 577161View attachment 577162

I thought the inside of the retaining wall looked interesting - not sure if anyone else wants to see but here you go!
View attachment 577163View attachment 577167View attachment 577175

View attachment 577176View attachment 577177View attachment 577178
Any photos/videos you and others shoot and post are welcome as they give different view and thing I most likely have miss enough though we could all end up shooting the same view of X. you and @Mercury have already done this and save me from posting the same things I was planning on posting.

I was in the process of writing what I just posted when you and @Mercury post those photos.

I was planning on doing some video shooting this past weekend, but never happen for various reasons.

Last edited:
July 02
First batch up on site now
53830916392_f5f51ff743_b.jpg

No idea why this section is like this compare to the next section. EDIT; The only thing I can come up for the north section that it is to prevent land shifting that can cause the townhouse to the west corner from sliding down onto the road as the rest angle away from the street to the rail corridor.
53832068158_34f16082e5_b.jpg

53832170244_903119c7d8_b.jpg

53832170194_420edd3db6_b.jpg

Near the CP Bridge and you will find an miWay sign for the 103 on the south-east corner of Steeles considering the 103 has never stop there in the first place
53832170219_4f30188591_b.jpg

South Of King St on the east side
53832170134_a2b857f68d_b.jpg

53832264575_06da98fff0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Any photos/videos you and others shoot and post are welcome as they give different view and thing I most likely have miss enough though we could all end up shooting the same view of X. you and @Mercury have already done this and save me from posting the same things I was planning on posting.

I was in the process of writing what I just posted when you and @Mercury post those photos.

I was planning on doing some video shooting this past weekend, but never happen for various reasons.
I'll try to post more. It's great when a variety of people are sharing photos

July 03
As I post this at 8:10:, CP intersection is still close and will be until later this night as they are in the process of milling the northbound curb lane as the guideway is no less than 2 inches higher than the existing road.

Had a quick look at CP and Sq One before heading to a meeting and they were taring the mill area for the southbound lane. A few minutes later, a convey of paving equipment was coming down the road from Sq One intersection.

Tracks in place and waiting for concrete to be pour for them between Absolute and Robert Speck,

Sq One phase 1 was still close with pillions around it than the concrete barrier. I assumed that they was just paved and a very hot day, they want to wait until the area had cool down to allow traffic to use the new area. Until that area is open, they cannot shift traffic and install the barriers for the next phase.

Coming home at 6 pm, the bus ran into a parking lot on the valleys heading north at Fairview which indicated either the drivers were not aware of the reopening of the intersection or it was still close. As we cross CP, could see the intersection was still close. We also caught up to the bus ahead of us which is common.

After dropping stuff off at home, told a walk over to the interaction to see what was taking place. They had just finish paving the lane next to the guideway and compacting it as well watering it down. Could see more paving had to take place in the curb lane since the asphalt was higher than the curb lane. With watering of the pave area taking place, they need to cool the new lane down so they can shift traffic to it so they can pave the other lane.

Standing 20' away, you could not only see the steam rise off the pave section, but also feel the heat from it as well.

About 7:15, traffic was shifted to the pave area that forced the closure of CP at the valley's as well no right hand turning allow. Those who want to turn right ended up driving through the ESSO station. Transit buses were stopping in the pave area just north of CP.

They were in the process of milling the intersection as well dealing with manhole covers that have to be remove with some rebuilding later tonight.

Car folks will be happy to get their intersection on Thursday.

10:02pm, 3 westbound cars on CP had the honor to be the first cars to cross the intersection with one making a left turn since it was the first section to be open. All northbound lanes were open next follow by all southbound with the eastbound opening around 10:30. I was gone by the time the eastbound lanes were open.

You can see a groove where the 2 lanes were paved and that will be fix when final paving takes place in the next year or so.

Crosswalk and lane stopping areas are strip, but no road stripping in the intersection yet.

Driver will be jumping for joy come Thursday when they can fully use the intersection once again.

You still can feel the heat from the 2 northbound lanes that were paved.

I figure the intersection could be open around 10:00 and took a walk over to see if it was ready to open before 10:00.

At this point of time, Burnhamthorpe is the last intersection that can see guideway across it until late this year if any are ready then. End of this month, Sq One and Queensway maybe completed.

Was told the area south of the QEW that have steel plates for the drive, it was to protect the area where the curb is to be pour for the widening of the southbound lanes. This means that parts of the new southbound lanes will be in place come fall that will allow work to shift to the northbound lane. This is assuming that the work is done full time.

how are they going to finish the track? will they pour a concrete topping or go the ECT way and use grass?
Grass is a no no with Mobilinx with all exposed rails and anchors other then at intersections, platforms being built and as well the future ones. This includes for the 2nd car platform extension enough that section of the platform not being built at this time.

Multi-use trail under the Metrolinx Oakville Sub now visible at Port Credit station.

View attachment 577671
View attachment 577672
View attachment 577673
View attachment 577674
View attachment 577675
Good catch. I was expect this to happen, but no access to the area, it was hard to tell if it was happening or still in the works. Looks like the ramp will do a bend to get into the push box at the bridge unless they plan on doing a mining tunnel to the west of the box. There is a area on the Northside saying a tunnel was still to be built.

July 2
The QEW photos now on line

Waiting for curb and paving to shift the northbound lanes with sidewalk been done after the intersection is rebuilt for the new access to the road as well the QEW ramp
53835776723_c41b490d4c_b.jpg

New sidewalk to the existing tunnel to the east
53834629802_d74d11fbf6_b.jpg

New left turn to the westbound ramp to the QEW waiting curb work as well extruding the new lanes north along with the new off ramp location
53835969165_e901ca7afc_b.jpg

53835969265_ca7f161b03_b.jpg

No work on the southbound access to the QEW as well the new sidewalk
53835776768_1c9358b779_b.jpg

Back