Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I did get a notice in the mail actually. I did not keep it though since now that Elm is open, I don't need Central Parkway for left turns anymore.
Did you get a noticed for CP and Sq One intersection as everyone I have talked to so far haven't seen one ? I still got the one for Elm and Robert Speck.

Have a look at the intersection on your way to the GO station as well the notice on the bus stop post

Just got this email with the detour map after 5pm today, Have sent a response to it and it will be interesting to see their response.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Peel Community Engagement Team with your concerns regarding construction on the Hazel McCallion Line.

Construction notices were sent out to residents in a 1-kilometer radius ahead of closures at Central Parkway and Square One Drive earlier this month. The Square One closure is a right-hand restriction and our crews have confirmed the presence of signage reflecting this. The attached notice describes the track and guideway installation and why it is taking place.

The impacts at Central Parkway include a partial closure with turning restrictions. East-west traffic and left turns at Central Parkway and Hurontario Street are not permitted.

Additionally, wooden platforms are installed at all MiWay stop temporarily during construction impacts. Please note that MiWay detour routes are included in our construction notices.

To stay updated on our construction activities, please subscribe to our newsletter. Also, our construction notices can be found on our website. For your convenience, I have attached the construction notices for both Central Parkway and Square One Drive.

Thank you again for reaching out to our team with your concerns. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Have a lovely weekend.

Sincerely,

Saadia Murtuza

Community Engagement Advisor, Peel Region

3024 Hurontario St I Mississauga I L5B 4M4

T:(416)434-5665 E:peel@metrolinx.com
1716587998891.png

Did you get a noticed for CP and Sq One intersection as everyone I have talked to so far haven't seen one ? I still got the one for Elm and Robert Speck.

Have a look at the intersection on your way to the GO station as well the notice on the bus stop post
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was for Central Pkwy and Square One Dr. But since I didn't keep it, I can't guarantee it. Lots of people didn't bother to keep it though as I saw a lot of them in the trash lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was for Central Pkwy and Square One Dr. But since I didn't keep it, I can't guarantee it. Lots of people didn't bother to keep it though as I saw a lot of them in the trash lol
Yeah I’m close enough to get these notices. Sure seems like we’re wasting a lot of trees for something we could all get massed email about. I wouldn’t read the emails but at least I wouldn’t be wasting a tree.

Yeah I’m close enough to get these notices. Sure seems like we’re wasting a lot of trees for something we could all get massed email about. I wouldn’t read the emails but at least I wouldn’t be wasting a tree.
I am in the 1km zone and never seen the notices other than Elm and Robert Speck.

Not everyone has an email address with the bulk of them not sign up with Metrolinx in the first place

Then, the bulk of drivers live outside the 1km zone and they are not sign up with anyone for the LRT or even live in Mississauga in the first place.

That is why signs are needled to be in place in the first place for detours.

Lack of communication at all levels is very common for anything that ticks off most people in the first place.

Paper is mostly recycled nowadays...:D

I'm going to add onto the complaints about Central Parkway only allowing right turns at Hurontario because there were no signs advising us of such, as well as google maps giving us directions to go straight through when that was not possible.
I live nowhere near the area and this was an unusual route for us but there was no indication of it being closed. Nor it did register that I had read the recent posts about it until I was at the intersection and stuck.

The closure at Central Parkway has added to the people going to Elm--and doing U-turns to go backward. Kinda annoying. But I get it.

May 27
Had to visit my family doctor this afternoon who has moved to Port Credit that allow me to catch up on the south end. Haven't miss much since my last visit and save me a trip.

Central Parkway
Got a notice for the Central Parkway closure today and weeks after they were to be sent out.
Asphalt paving being removed and very little so far.

CP Bridge
Forming is underway for the west retaining wall and the steel shoring has been cut the the tops are below the high area for the sidewalk. Excavation for the base of the retaining wall to the north of the shoring underway.

Dundas
Nothing new for the southbound lanes since my last visit.
Northbound traffic will see delays this week at the Dundas intersection from May 21 to June 2 while barriers are place in the centre of the intersection, Sign up for northbound and saw nothing for southbound. No idea if signs are up on Dundas for the weekend work.

Queensway
The base of the guideway is ready to have the base pour for it.

QEW
New walkway built from the current underpass walkway to where it will connect to the new northbound sidewalk next to the QEW to allow the building the new off ramp, but not open yet.
Road curbs poured both side of the push box with an asphalt base for part of the south side and looks like the underpass that I could see.

South of QEW
Not much new that I could see for widening the road to the west, but a number of poles are now ready to be remove now new posts have been installed.

Englewood
Nothing has taken since my last visit with both tracks still waiting to have concrete repoured for them. Can't recalled if it was or 2 tracks that I saw the last time needing concrete
The northbound bus stop is an accident waiting to happen for riders as there is no platform there and the stop is at road level requiring riders to step over an asphalt curb, Seen a number of rider taking a trip trying to get on a bus, but more so when the bus is not near the curb in the first place nor the bus kneel. I have a near fall myself.

The sidewalk south of the GO Bridge was under a foot a water today that I and other pedestrians had to walk the curb and hold onto the fencing to get around this large pool of water. Photos been sent to ML as its unacceptable.

A pile of rubble from trimming the ends of the push box under the track still has to be remove from the guideway area with nothin

Only a few small section of the station retaining wall still have to be pour and not sure what is taking place on the roof of the station since it is to hard to see

I heard from a planner at the City of Brampton this evening that a north side stop at Steeles Avenue is probably back on - at least that's what they heard. Not a confirmation, but now that the province has committed to the Downtown Brampton extension, I don't see why that would change now, especially with the local MPP as transportation minister. I wonder if @Wm Perkins Bull has heard anything similar.
There are construction barriers deployed at where the footprint of a stop would lie South of Steeles when I checked 2 months ago. Maybe if breaking ground on this end delayed long enough they could pivot.
I just wonder when the province is going to unveil details on the extension.

I heard from a planner at the City of Brampton this evening that a north side stop at Steeles Avenue is probably back on - at least that's what they heard. Not a confirmation, but now that the province has committed to the Downtown Brampton extension, I don't see why that would change now, especially with the local MPP as transportation minister. I wonder if @Wm Perkins Bull has heard anything similar.
I have not heard that it is confirmed to be back on, but given how little work has happened at Gateway Terminal on building the station it seems like it would be feasible to reintroduce it as part of phase 1.

I have not heard that it is confirmed to be back on, but given how little work has happened at Gateway Terminal on building the station it seems like it would be feasible to reintroduce it as part of phase 1.
That been my feeling as well.

Given the push is to the south from Topflight and the 407 overpass will not be done until 2025 along with lack of work taking place in Brampton, it will be easy to shift the station back to the original plan location once the province green light the 2 extension.

As it stands today, Mobilinx will be doing the loop with up data cost to do it since it was part of the contract until the province removed it. At the same time, it has to be up date since it is almost twice the size than originally plan.

It seems I am wrong as to what is to happen at Burnhamthorpe from what I have posted and sure hope it is wrong. I have stated that Burnhamthorpe would be the same as Topflight but opposite hand to protect for the loop and this was stated at the beginning of the project and up to last year. The word today it will be only a straight track only that will be a huge mistake. If work takes place in July/Aug this year for the intersection as a straight track and the line opens as a straight track, the line south of MCC will be out of service 4 months to correct the mistake not doing it this year. It will still be a 4 month project if the work took place later this year or next at great cost and disruption.

The 30 year contract for the current plan kicks in at 90% substantial completion as well the 5 year warranty. If the loop opens after 90% substantial completion, the 30 years contract will be reduced to match the remaining years on the current contract. As far as I know, the Brampton extension will go to tender when the province gives the green light and the length of the contract will be reduced to match the remaining years on Mobilinx contract so all sections can be renewed as one complete line.

The operation of the line is still unknow as well funding it, but Mississauga will pickup any extra cost created by the loop and Brampton will pickup up the full cost of the extension. This is assuming the province is not going to full fund the line on like Line 5 and 6 in Toronto.

Stake to pour the southbound curb at Dundas by RBC was in place a few days ago and could be pour now for it. Saw nothing for the rest of that block. The curb for the south-west corner will be about 5 feet or more inside of the existing corner. I expect this will happen for the other 3 corners as well and reducing space for pedestrians until redevelopment takes place as well the rest of Dundas that will meet the city 45m street edge.

Even though Hurontario St is supposed to be 2 lanes northbound north of Central Parkway, at various time of the day it is only one line as the other lane is bumper to bumper trying to make a U-turn at Elm. At peak time, it is backup in both lanes south of the plaza at Fairview.

Got a notices from the ward councilor saying there is a sign north of Burnhamthorpe on Central Parkway for the closure, but doesn't help for driver turning off Burnhamthorpe, Mississauga Valley, Bloor St nor Cliff Rd.

If one looks at ML website for road closures notice especially for the Queensway they will see it doesn't match as to what is taking place. The notice shows no right turn at all or access to Hurontario for eastbound traffic.

Today saw centre curbs in the guideway between Absolute-Burnhamthorpe with crews pouring the final curb between Absolute-Robert Speck. Rebar on site to start building the Robert Speck Platform now the subbase in Place.

Work has started on the Central Parkway platform on the north side of the intersection

Stakes in place to pour the curb on Sq One Dr with crew forming for a high wall in the guideway north of the intersection on the west side. Cannot get close to have a look at the work at this time.

Grading and compacting the area north of the 403 eastbound off ramp has taken place, but needs to be a lot higher to meet the guideway piers as well the 403 pier as this will be the area where a T connection will take place.

Nothing has take place for the north pier and still the same for the bridge area.

Forming in place for the section of the Rathburn ramp where the retaining wall was built too low in the first place.

Yeah, they're only doing the 407 overpass now. Apart from the yards, there's no track laid within Brampton yet.

One wonders if they will open the line without the original scope completed.

Back