Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Jan 1
Was going to do a walking trip today but wasn't up to it and did Topflight area.

No more poles up for the yard tacks to Topflight.

The Derry Rd station has seen any work on it like there was to be, other than the ceiling is on. Looks like concrete been poured for the station tracks, but tarp covering it up.

There will be an single crossover north of Kingsway with switches in place, but a lot of track work remaining to be install. Only noticed today that the rails north of Kingsway are poured in place, but the rails are not spliced yet. No sure how I have miss this.

Topflight will be fully open to traffic sometime this month as most of the tracks for the intersection is fully poured with top coat to be pour for the in/out bound for the southbound track . A small section of the road has to be pour the in/out bound track and the gap between the southbound track that is fully completed now. The outbound road is pave as well all northbound lanes with asphalt curb, The real curb will be installed in the spring now. The last section of top coat area on Topflight is pour by the looks of it, but the trap is on it to say it is 100% done. Work taking place for the switch control and once that is done along with the outstanding work, the intersection can reopen.

Once the northbound lanes are shifted, the missing section of the guideway between the crossover area and Topflight can see work start on it.

With the good weather so far, it will be interesting if the February date can be met to have all the tracks in place as plan to Eglinton now. What I saw along the route is saying the February date will not be met unless there is a huge crew working on the various area that is still waiting tracks as well what is been place now. Not tracks on the 401 overpass yet.

Britannia platform not pour yet as well not form.

Stock pile of ducting sitting in the centre of the road on the south side of Burnhamthorpe Intersection and this will push back as to when the guideway work will start there for this month to the point I can see it starting at Fairview and working north from it.

Try to get a shot of the north pier hole for the 403 bridge that I noticed in one of my photos, but cover by a huge pool of water today.

With the large stockpile of foam blocks by the pier area, it looks like the will use it like they they for the Leslie eastbound off ramp over a year ago in place of earth with the tracks coming back onto Hurontario St the the westbound off ramp for the 403.

Photos to follow shortly.

Awesome shots. Let’s see if they actually install a dead end spur and switches at Burnhamthorpe for the future City Centre loop like Metrolinx claims they will.
Been told not by ML that it will happen as plan. It will be no simple road closure like Eglinton, but on the line of Topflight and how long has it taken to do??

Is...that a go kart track?
Yes, that’s the go kart track from the iconic Mississauga Playdium location that closed back in 2020.

Yes, that’s the go kart track from the iconic Mississauga Playdium location that closed back in 2020.
Not call the Playdium today, but the GO track has been in operation since 2022 along with the rest of the complex, The LRT has no impact on it at all.

It will be redeveloped one day and a better way to make money for the land until then.

Jan 1
More up on my site
53438870096_b2d8a41699_b.jpg

53439283885_5183b4cf90_b.jpg

53439004108_d286eba0a1_b.jpg

53439003933_d839d35ebf_b.jpg

53439004558_a86a14c95f_b.jpg

53439004713_8153681e3e_b.jpg

53439284435_ce4882a851_b.jpg

First Hurontario LRV at Alstom’s Millhaven test track? It isn’t red so it can’t be Ottawa, and all of Finch’s trains have been delivered. From Facebook.

View attachment 532100
It been there for a few months already helping to deal with the Ottawa cars issues since its the same one as Ottawa, except built in Canada vs the US ones.

All ML LRV's will be the same colure starting with Crosstown cars for all their lines. Finch the same colure and so will the Hamilton cars as well Mississauga. The first car was supposed to arrive at the OMSF in Oct, but not ready nor any overhead up in the yard, let alone going to Hurontario.

If any changes are made to the car based on the testing, they will be apply to the Finch cars and the Mississauga fleet. All the Mississauga cars were to have all Ottawa issues resolved before been shipped to the OMSF until the latest issue surface.

Testing was to start this month, but no tracks to run on as plan to Matheson let alone no poles up for the overhead. If the current plan falls into place as plan, the test bed will be to Eglinton by the end of Feb for track. As for overhead, who knows when.

Painting all of the Metrolinx LRVs the same colour seems to go against the idea of having city transit identifiable by the livery.

I don't really think this is a big deal, but it seems strange.

Painting all of the Metrolinx LRVs the same colour seems to go against the idea of having city transit identifiable by the livery.

I don't really think this is a big deal, but it seems strange.
It the same thing as GO buses.

ML has chosen this colour to be neutral and say this is our equipment than try to match the city colours for the equipment they will run in.

Seeing an orange/white tram would be interesting that matches the city colour, let along Hamilton colours. TTC too plain..

It the same thing as GO buses.

ML has chosen this colour to be neutral and say this is our equipment than try to match the city colours for the equipment they will run in.

Seeing an orange/white tram would be interesting that matches the city colour, let along Hamilton colours. TTC too plain..
I wish the TTC ones would be painted to match their line colours. So orange for crosstown and I guess Finch could remain grey.

Sauga should use the orange that the Transitway buses uses and Hamilton should be blue

I don't know of any GO bus route that stays inside the boundaries of one single town, so it's not the same.
Doesn't HuLRT cross into Brampton, and eventually significantly so?

I don't think it needs to be MiWay Orange. They could have chosen something less dull than grey, that would help the vehicles stand out.

Back