Toronto home: Power and Adelaide | 78.33m | 22s | Great Gulf | Core Architects

Referenced this last month. Broadening the potential floorplate to office space it looks like.
Brochure shows what seems to be now a rather outdated take on "open office" space.
Let's see if that pans out.

I think a grocer would do well here; and not face overly onerous competition.

I'm surprised they haven't been able to find someone.

But at the same time, most grocers now want to be on a development at the design stage to make sure it meets their needs.

The fact they were heavily marketing the development as containing grocery would have made one think that was the case here too; but apparently not.

Didn’t know your dog’s breakfast looks so grand. We love the build. Looks pretty good to us.
I'm interested in your definition of "pretty good" as in my eyes, this is a C-, at best (arguably a D).

For starters, massing is a mess and window wall is sloppy. Just look to the west at the latest Lamb building to see a similar vision done right.

I think it will look good once the remainder of the work is in. I'm hopeful the mechanical box will look clean and once the balconies and remaining window walls are in I think it will look good. Is it at the same level as the Lamb building down the street, no but better than its immediate neighbour to the west, absolutely.

The view from Queen st today

30FAF19A-1776-4DC0-B752-37DBAE63139A.jpeg

Not to nitpick, but it's the little parkette at Parliament and Adelaide. Right next to the automatic pizza oven! (Which, for neighbourhood folks, is opening up another location with a patio on King between Frederick and Sherbourne. That weird low place with the open space in front next to Patrician Grill.)

Not to nitpick, but it's the little parkette at Parliament and Adelaide. Right next to the automatic pizza oven! (Which, for neighbourhood folks, is opening up another location with a patio on King between Frederick and Sherbourne. That weird low place with the open space in front next to Patrician Grill.)
Not to nitpick a nitpick, BUT the photo whose location I corrected is the one above the one from Parliament & Adelaide (by f_gho) and it REALLLY is looking north from King St.. On the pizza front, last time I was over at Adelaide/Berkeley the automatic pizza oven seemed to have closed and I really wonder if they will do well in the new location on King @ Patrician Grill

Not to nitpick a nitpick, BUT the photo whose location I corrected is the one above the one from Parliament & Adelaide (by f_gho) and it REALLLY is looking north from King St.. On the pizza front, last time I was over at Adelaide/Berkeley the automatic pizza oven seemed to have closed and I really wonder if they will do well in the new location on King @ Patrician Grill

D’oh! My mistake.

We got a pizza from the oven once and it (surprisingly...) wasn’t that great. But good enough that I’d grab one to sit on a patio, especially if you could also get a beer or glass of wine.

Back