Toronto Haven On The Bluffs Condos | 38.71m | 10s | VHL Developments | Master Building

Well, I find that most downtowners for example haven't even heard of Bluffer's Beach.

I know that when I lived downtown, "Going to the beach" usually meant "Going to The Beaches", or possibly Cherry Beach. (I'm not counting the clothing optional Hanlan's Point.)

Spent a lot time down there as a kid. Used to go and slingshot rocks at the rats. Mind you, it was the Scarborough dump then. Lots of fun. Great memories.
Got my first two wheeler there. (Well a a hybrid of several found.)
Are the methane release pipes still sticking out of the side hills as you go down? Always wanted to light one of those. Only reason we didn't was we figured there was no really good escape route before the cops came. Lol.
Haven't been down that way in years.
Funny thing. Mom always knew when we had spent an afternoon down there.

!!!!!!! Just released !!!!!!!

attachment.php
Looks decent. Not mind blowing or even gorgeous, just decent. Which is perfectly fine. In any case I like it better than the all-glass buildings downtown.

Is this better?

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 11.33.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 11.34.51 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 11.33.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 11.33.54 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 988
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 11.34.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 11.34.51 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,001
I'm so excited. Recently bought a unit here. The new renditions look a lot better, just waiting to get more information on these townhomes.

So the project exterior went from ...

urbantoronto-6625-27308.jpg

To the latest rendering above. I'm not feeling so strongly about the revised exterior.

Attachments

• urbantoronto-6625-27308.jpg
    urbantoronto-6625-27308.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 8,721
While the new exterior is nothing special, it is an improviement over the pervious rendering with those dated late 90's balconies and colour combinations.

Let's just hope that the top portion of the new rendering isnt plain stucco. That would make the building look like one of those god awful suburban hotel buildings located along industrial areas and highway corridors in the 905. Perhaps a high quality brick or limestone could be used.

While the new exterior is nothing special, it is an improviement over the pervious rendering with those dated late 90's balconies and colour combinations.

Let's just hope that the top portion of the new rendering isnt plain stucco. That would make the building look like one of those god awful suburban hotel buildings located along industrial areas and highway corridors in the 905. Perhaps a high quality brick or limestone could be used.

I'm hopeful the top will be with quality materials. The base appears to be real brick which makes me hopeful they continue the better materials up top.

My big worry is the retail. This building is the first to try and break the suburban strip mall model on this stretch. And with no parking for retail (and being in Scarborough) the retailers may be in for a tough slog until more of the strip malls and motels die off. Hopefully they can get a bank as one of the quality tenants to help out and drive some foot traffic. There's already a Rexall and SDM roughly a block east, so they're probably off the table.

The building is a HUGE improvement since the first rendering back in early 2012- an outdated box with no character.

I don't think that it would be fair to compare this building to something that it is not- a downtown condo.
The majority of the units in this building sold for under $300,000 (for full one and two bedroom units)- something you will never find in *any* new building in *all* of Toronto.

The builder has also changed interior features, adding: a billiards room, full gym (as opposed to small gym before), a movie theatre, as well as a two storey lobby/concierge. If the building keeps progressing the way the renderings show- I am sure that purchasers will have made tremendous upside on their buys.

The only concerning thing is the lack of feedback on approvals and construction. The building was supposed to start construction Spring 2015, but I am not sure if this will be the case. Colour selections were to be taking place in January, and this has not yet happened two months later.

For the retail- it would be ideal to have a bank take up most of the units. The building needs AAA tenants and not 'small' shops.
A Starbucks and a major bank would be amazing. There is only a CIBC on that stretch of Cliffside, so hopefully competition will move in!

I'm hopeful the top will be with quality materials. The base appears to be real brick which makes me hopeful they continue the better materials up top.

My big worry is the retail. This building is the first to try and break the suburban strip mall model on this stretch. And with no parking for retail (and being in Scarborough) the retailers may be in for a tough slog until more of the strip malls and motels die off. Hopefully they can get a bank as one of the quality tenants to help out and drive some foot traffic. There's already a Rexall and SDM roughly a block east, so they're probably off the table.

VHL's past performances don't really express quality materials unless you find DEFS a quality exterior systems.

Don't see how, "you get what you pay for" is applicable in the case. I was simply responding to junior43's post.

Back