Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Having not been down lately - how is the completion of the ramps at the ends of the guideway coming along? And Paton Road ?

- Paul
They are working on both. I was not able to get that far up on the weekend as there were workers on site. But from Davenport Village Park to the north and across the 77 Wade site to the south you can see both expanded MSE walls are under construction:

Taken 8 August.

IMG_3719.jpeg

Had a look at the area on Sunday and what happen to the panels to be place on top of the guideway wall?? Is that a test bed at Wallace as it needs fixing already??

Looking at the handrail for Dupont Bridge, it has a lot of life in it after been sand baster and any rust areas fix along with a nice paint job. It possible the railing will be reuse after the bridge work is done.

The southside pier support for track 1 almost completed, but will be Sept before the northside is ready. May see beams installed over the Thanksgiving weekend

Have photos, but no clue when they will be on line as there are close to 2,000 from my trip in front of them.

Metrolinx is wreaking havoc on cyclists these days around here - Bloor is down to one lane in each direction, forcing cyclists to mix with traffic through the underpass. Same with Dupont now at the same time. So I thought I'd be smart and take Wallace instead, but nope! Poor planning on their part to not stagger these works. Can't win.

Metrolinx is wreaking havoc on cyclists these days around here - Bloor is down to one lane in each direction, forcing cyclists to mix with traffic through the underpass. Same with Dupont now at the same time. So I thought I'd be smart and take Wallace instead, but nope! Poor planning on their part to not stagger these works. Can't win.
I also ran into this today. Thought I'd be smart and head up to Dupont because Wallace was closed and got funnelled into a single-lane death trap under the tracks. Bloor is no better, so I had to walk my bike on the sidewalk on Wallace on the way back.

North-south is also a mess with the Railpath closed. The posted detours are a joke. Metrolinx should be ashamed of themselves with the way they've treated cyclists in the neighbourhood.

I have a large bolt given to me that was apparently from the West Toronto Diamond, when they removed it and moved it to the top of the Railpath. I need to find some something to do with that. It would be an odd thing to hang from a wall. Not sure my wife would be impressed.

I also ran into this today. Thought I'd be smart and head up to Dupont because Wallace was closed and got funnelled into a single-lane death trap under the tracks. Bloor is no better, so I had to walk my bike on the sidewalk on Wallace on the way back.

North-south is also a mess with the Railpath closed. The posted detours are a joke. Metrolinx should be ashamed of themselves with the way they've treated cyclists in the neighbourhood.

It's really deplorable. The 3 year anniversary of the Bloor bike lane extension is this week and that segment between Dundas and Lansdowne has been perpetually ripped up, under construction and detoured the whole time. Every time I think, "OK, NOW they're going to paint lines and put in proper separation" they start digging up something new. It's so disheartening.

It's really deplorable. The 3 year anniversary of the Bloor bike lane extension is this week and that segment between Dundas and Lansdowne has been perpetually ripped up, under construction and detoured the whole time. Every time I think, "OK, NOW they're going to paint lines and put in proper separation" they start digging up something new. It's so disheartening.
Metrolinx couldn't care less if they tried. Where's the local councilor in all this? Radio silence.

Anyway, I hope that if I get crushed to death by a cement truck in these deplorable conditions that my family will have the sense to sue Metrolinx for millions of dollars so that at least my beloved 5 year old son will be set up for life in this disgustingly unaffordable city.

Metrolinx couldn't care less if they tried. Where's the local councilor in all this? Radio silence.
I reached out to the councillor's office when Metrolinx put up the barriers at Bloor and Perth because there's really no reasonable cycling detour for southbound railpath users (Sterling one-way northbound, no left turn from westbound Bloor onto Perth, so you're either biking on a sidewalk or through a potholed private parking lot). No help was forthcoming.

I also flagged the issue with the lack of north-south bike detour routes to Metrolinx in a public meeting probably like four years ago and was basically ignored. Nobody gives a shit. It is infuriating.

Henderson Brewing has recently been incorporating these Bloor St. annoyances into their marketing, with "Metrolinx Mondays" on Facebook, Insta, etc.

Henderson Brewing has recently been incorporating these Bloor St. annoyances into their marketing, with "Metrolinx Mondays" on Facebook, Insta, etc.

LOL If Metrolinx can make money off naming stations, maybe they can also trademark some beer brands and sell them to breweries.

Lane Closed Lager, Crosstown Slow Brewed Ale, and P3 Litigation Pilsener come to mind.

- Paul

LOL If Metrolinx can make money off naming stations, maybe they can also trademark some beer brands and sell them to breweries.

Lane Closed Lager, Crosstown Slow Brewed Ale, and P3 Litigation Pilsener come to mind.

- Paul

Henderson-UPA-2.jpg

Their IPA used to be called UPA.... Wonder if there were some letters exchanged by lawyers.

Back