Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Will the hollow parts of the track beds get filled in? Will they be used for utilities or stormwater drainage?
Might be fun for future urban explorers or DoorsOpen Toronto events? /s

BlogTO cleared the use of my pictures with me. I'm certainly not a huge fan of their content, but this was a story about infrastructure, not a Cotton-Candy-Toilet-Desert-'Experience' or some shit, so I was happy to help. If we here can get regular folks interested in and excited about architecture and infrastructure, it'll have all been a success.

In any case, we've got another two in and the next one is visible down at the Wallace end:
View attachment 416316

@ProjectEnd we'll soon need you to move condos to have visibility to the installation of the next spans!!

I hear there's a recession coming, now's the best time to invest in a second condo, do you know what I mean?

BlogTO cleared the use of my pictures with me. I'm certainly not a huge fan of their content, but this was a story about infrastructure, not a Cotton-Candy-Toilet-Desert-'Experience' or some shit, so I was happy to help. If we here can get regular folks interested in and excited about architecture and infrastructure, it'll have all been a success.

In any case, we've got another two in and the next one is visible down at the Wallace end:
View attachment 416316
The lower right is where a weird little gated underpass used to go beneath the tracks. It sat abandoned and filled with water up to the 2000s but was filled in before the days of streetview.

The lower right is where a weird little gated underpass used to go beneath the tracks. It sat abandoned and filled with water up to the 2000s but was filled in before the days of streetview.
You mean the Paton road underpass? It wasn't filled in until a couple years ago.

We discussed this earlier in this thread.

The forming for the new Paton underpass went in within the last few days. It looks quite large enough.

If the question was - will the guideway have holes - my understanding is that while each track is clearly a solid ”roof”, the space between the two trackbeds will remain as open air

- Paul

You mean the Paton road underpass? It wasn't filled in until a couple years ago.

We discussed this earlier in this thread.
Correct, reaper, the underpass connected Paton. In the lower right of my picture is Antler. Oddly enough, it wasn't as filled with detritus as one may think - I stuck my phone in some of the holes in the concrete and it actually looked fairly clean.

I cannot wait to see what riding along this in the top floor of a bilevel is like.
Bi level? Naw dawg you need to go all out and take the Canadian and ride in the dome car for the great views. Book the trip to Vancouver or just Washago if you’re cheap.

Next ones will be in by noon tomorrow:

D3330089-080B-4295-8C1F-99F1F15170AF.jpeg
BDB2AB4B-547F-4696-B8A8-FA2D081496BB.jpeg

Back