Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The final girder segments north of Wallace are going in today. The west one was in place when I was there about half an hour ago and the east one is probably going in soon.

The new bridge makes for a very cool view terminus down Wallace. I like it.

PXL_20221011_163644644.jpg

PXL_20221011_163718641.jpg

PXL_20221011_163805787.jpg

Just noticed this presentation posted by Metrolinx a couple of weeks ago: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/greate...t/Davenport-Diamond-Greenway-CLC-09-15-22.pdf

Looks like the greenway design is progressing and will soon be at 95%.

Lots of new renderings in the presentation. Starting from the south end, we have the Paton underpass with a new wayfinding pillar design:
image-021.jpg

The view south from Wallace:
image-024.jpg

I guess the landscape architects didn't get the memo about the new north abutment design on Wallace. Unfortunately, this community space won't be quite as open to the street as shown in the rendering:
image-027.jpg

Around Campbell Park, including the lighting plan:
image-012.jpg

image-015.jpg

image-018.jpg

An elevation view of the new sidewalks on Dupont:
image-038.jpg

The pedestrian ramp and bridge over the former diamond:
image-009.jpg

image-030.jpg

image-031.jpg

Stairs and ramp down to Davenport:
image-055.jpg

image-056.jpg

Lots of other interesting tidbits in there, too many to include in one post.

Last edited:
I went down to the Junction today also (I'm actually visible in @smably 's last shot). I couldn't stick around to watch the final lift, but it was interesting to watch the transporter creep northwards, upwards, and sideways to collect the final span.

I took a walk around at both ends. We may feel differently when the leaves fall, but I found the overall impact of the guideway to be less than feared. The noise and vibration every 7.5 minutes may be a different matter. Renderings are always over the top (If you are looking forward to CP landscaping its ROW as shown.... don't hold your breath) but there is hope that the end product will be of value.

Down at Paton, they were pouring the last bit of material to bring the level up to the height of the walls. This project is coming together.

- Paul

20221011 Paton.jpg
20221011 Wallace GO 609.jpg
20221011 Wallace GO 658.jpg
20221011 Campbell Park a.jpg
20221011 Campbell Park b.jpg

I went down to the Junction today also (I'm actually visible in @smably 's last shot). I couldn't stick around to watch the final lift, but it was interesting to watch the transporter creep northwards, upwards, and sideways to collect the final span.

I took a walk around at both ends. We may feel differently when the leaves fall, but I found the overall impact of the guideway to be less than feared. The noise and vibration every 7.5 minutes may be a different matter. Renderings are always over the top (If you are looking forward to CP landscaping its ROW as shown.... don't hold your breath) but there is hope that the end product will be of value.

Down at Paton, they were pouring the last bit of material to bring the level up to the height of the walls. This project is coming together.

- Paul

View attachment 431986View attachment 431987View attachment 431988View attachment 431984View attachment 431985

Oh the park is RUINED. RUINED!! ;)

- Paul

View attachment 431986View attachment 431987View attachment 431988View attachment 431984View attachment 431985
I actually saw you with your camera and wondered whether I had spotted a fellow UT member but didn't want to be weird about it! Nice photos.

A city without litter nor trash bins, tagging and encampments.... The success of the greenway is going to come down to lighting and whether people feel safe in those enclosed spaces.
I found most cities in Europe don't have trash bins at all. A few cities have huge garbage bins on the corners of streets for everyone to put their garbage in one location for pickup as most buildings don't have areas to store them or able to be pickup from.

I found most cities in Europe don't have trash bins at all. A few cities have huge garbage bins on the corners of streets for everyone to put their garbage in one location for pickup as most buildings don't have areas to store them or able to be pickup from.
Isn't that what pockets or backpacks are for?

Back