Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

It seems we have a (slightly surprising?) answer about the bridge clearance:
PXL_20221014_161400303.MP.jpg

So maybe there was a late design change and the road isn't being lowered after all?

View attachment 432627

So maybe there was a late design change and the road isn't being lowered after all?
The road can't be lower until the track is removed hopeful by year end when the new overpass goes into service.

If it's 16' 4 27/32" why don't they just say so? :p
I just noticed the sign on the bridge and looks to say 5m. If it is 5m as noted, then the road will not be lower and no need for any other figure

View attachment 432627

An orange sign in Ontario indicates a temporary under construction status. I believe that they have to by law note the bridge height as it is right now, and it's 5m height is not a permanent fixture, but what is temporarily the case now.

It still could be the case that the road isn't being lowered after all, and a permanent sign will replace this orange one, but no determination of permanency can be made from this sign alone. As it's a temporary sign.

An orange sign in Ontario indicates a temporary under construction status. I believe that they have to by law note the bridge height as it is right now, and its 5m height is not a permanent fixture, but what is temporarily the case now.

It still could be the case that the road isn't being lowered after all, and a permanent sign will replace this orange one, but no determination of permanency can be made from this sign alone. As its a temporary sign.
My assumption was based on the originally specced clearance of 4.4m after road lowering. If we're already at 5.0m without any changes to the road, it seems unlikely that they'd spend the money to regrade just to bring it up to 5.5m. I guess we'll see.

The amusing point in this discussion - when I was poking around the other day, I noticed that the old crossing gate, when in the upright position, was itself too tall for the new bridge..... and has been modified with a folding gate arm. Somebody spotted that detail good and early and wrote a work order to get the gate shortened. A good catch.

- Paul

20221011 Wallace Gates.jpg

An orange sign in Ontario indicates a temporary under construction status. I believe that they have to by law note the bridge height as it is right now, and it's 5m height is not a permanent fixture, but what is temporarily the case now.

It still could be the case that the road isn't being lowered after all, and a permanent sign will replace this orange one, but no determination of permanency can be made from this sign alone. As it's a temporary sign.
Good catch. I had a hard time telling if it was orange or yellow - probably my screen - but you are probably right. It looks like it hung on some scrap lumber. Final signage will probably be installed when it ceases to be a construction site.

That last photo looks like an impressionist painting!

Oh the wonders of in-camera image processing.
Really need a real long zoom to shot from Dundas to get get a clear shot if possible.

I have done a number beyond max zoom to get a painting shot, but it better than nothing at all.

Still trying to find the time to shoot the site again.

Back