GO Transit: Cooksville GO Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | WalterFedy

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Took a look at the station Tuesday night after a meeting and still a lot of work to be done on the platform. Heaters in the shelters, but not working. Lots of flashing and ceiling to be install yet.

There are 6-10-12 car post on the platform temporary until the 6/10 signs get place on the shelters.

The accessibly platform has ramps on both side of it.

Seeing it at night and from the platform for the first time, lights running the length of the parking structure at the top. The north side was more lighted than the south side.

Watch riders get off a train and crunch time to get to the stair and down it, as well the elevators for the parking structure. Very few riders got off the first 3 front cars, as very few on them. Only a small group use the platform elevator.

A long backup of cars wrapping around the ramps from other levels to the street for the east end and most likely the same for the west end.

The train idle longer than normal and most likely to to the crowd at the top of the stair as well on the platform from it to the accessibility platform.

The tunnel has a slopping ramp and there is a 4 & 3 step stair beside it.

Unedited, not tag and out of order with a few out of the 60 I shot

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
From those photos, all the old station entrance and platform is now gone. You can see the tunnel under the tracks that will be extended to the new station and be bury over.

Strange they not built the parking lot over to the new station.

rhys17

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like the southern parking lot, with the Portuguese restaurant will be re-developed soon. The restaurant is closed since the property was sold to developers. (Source: Insauga)

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like the southern parking lot, with the Portuguese restaurant will be re-developed soon. The restaurant is closed since the property was sold to developers. (Source: Insauga)
Damn! Lots of memories had at that restaurant. But glad to see intensification happening here!

mdrejhon

Member Bio
Reaction score
It is a great looking rendering -- wish this was the Hamilton LRT (which will be resurrected, BTW) -- I have a question:

How easy is it to walk between the LRT platform and the GO train platform? This rendering doesn't seem to suggest the walking route.

sche

Member Bio
Reaction score
It is a great looking rendering -- wish this was the Hamilton LRT (which will be resurrected, BTW) -- I have a question:

How easy is it to walk between the LRT platform and the GO train platform? This rendering doesn't seem to suggest the walking route.
They were supposed to build a bridge but Ford cancelled it lol

Anastasia

Member Bio
Reaction score

There is a traffic light with a pedestrian crosswalk at the south end of the LRT platform.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
There is a traffic light with a pedestrian crosswalk at the south end of the LRT platform.
That is John St and this year that intersection is going to be a pain in the ass at peak time when the New Cooksville GO Station entrance open to the new rebuilt parking lot and to the completed station rebuilt. As a pedestrian today, you use the south crosswalk sidewalk to get to the buses. When the LRT opens, pedestrian will use the north side crosswalk.

The elevator in the parking structure to the walkway is in place and no idea about the platform.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Feb 4
After dropping the other haft off at the hospital for day surgery, I was stop at Hillcrest going north on a red and watched over 20 cars driving through the plaza illegally, as they couldn't wait for the red light to change. I decided to take a look at the north side of the parking structure since I wasn't able to the last time I was there. Some of these plaza runners just drove out in front of us without stopping considering we had the right of way. These same drivers drove through the red light at the crosswalk to the garage without stopping and forced pedestrians to stop in the crosswalk who were in the process of crossing.

If the boys in blue sat in that plaza, they would have a field day giving out tickets.

It's more dangerous these days walking to/from the station, let alone at the station. Once the new John St entrance goes into service, it will be more dangerous.

The north side has 3/4 of the mesh up on the side and no elevator from the walkway to the platform, considering the one in the garage is working. Heaters working in the shelters now, but not much heat from them.

Photos to follow.

sixrings

Member Bio
Reaction score
Feb 4
After dropping the other haft off at the hospital for day surgery, I was stop at Hillcrest going north on a red and watched over 20 cars driving through the plaza illegally, as they couldn't wait for the red light to change. I decided to take a look at the north side of the parking structure since I wasn't able to the last time I was there. Some of these plaza runners just drove out in front of us without stopping considering we had the right of way. These same drivers drove through the red light at the crosswalk to the garage without stopping and forced pedestrians to stop in the crosswalk who were in the process of crossing.

If the boys in blue sat in that plaza, they would have a field day giving out tickets.

It's more dangerous these days walking to/from the station, let alone at the station. Once the new John St entrance goes into service, it will be more dangerous.

The north side has 3/4 of the mesh up on the side and no elevator from the walkway to the platform, considering the one in the garage is working. Heaters working in the shelters now, but not much heat from them.

Photos to follow.
Hope the surgery went well.