Mississauga GO Transit: Cooksville GO Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | WalterFedy

DJI_0218.JPG
DJI_0219.JPG
DJI_0220.JPG

From those photos, all the old station entrance and platform is now gone. You can see the tunnel under the tracks that will be extended to the new station and be bury over.

Strange they not built the parking lot over to the new station.

Looks like the southern parking lot, with the Portuguese restaurant will be re-developed soon. The restaurant is closed since the property was sold to developers. (Source: Insauga)

Looks like the southern parking lot, with the Portuguese restaurant will be re-developed soon. The restaurant is closed since the property was sold to developers. (Source: Insauga)

Damn! Lots of memories had at that restaurant. But glad to see intensification happening here!

It is a great looking rendering -- wish this was the Hamilton LRT (which will be resurrected, BTW) -- I have a question:

How easy is it to walk between the LRT platform and the GO train platform? This rendering doesn't seem to suggest the walking route.

It is a great looking rendering -- wish this was the Hamilton LRT (which will be resurrected, BTW) -- I have a question:

How easy is it to walk between the LRT platform and the GO train platform? This rendering doesn't seem to suggest the walking route.
They were supposed to build a bridge but Ford cancelled it lol

There is a traffic light with a pedestrian crosswalk at the south end of the LRT platform.

There is a traffic light with a pedestrian crosswalk at the south end of the LRT platform.
That is John St and this year that intersection is going to be a pain in the ass at peak time when the New Cooksville GO Station entrance open to the new rebuilt parking lot and to the completed station rebuilt. As a pedestrian today, you use the south crosswalk sidewalk to get to the buses. When the LRT opens, pedestrian will use the north side crosswalk.

The elevator in the parking structure to the walkway is in place and no idea about the platform.

Feb 4
After dropping the other haft off at the hospital for day surgery, I was stop at Hillcrest going north on a red and watched over 20 cars driving through the plaza illegally, as they couldn't wait for the red light to change. I decided to take a look at the north side of the parking structure since I wasn't able to the last time I was there. Some of these plaza runners just drove out in front of us without stopping considering we had the right of way. These same drivers drove through the red light at the crosswalk to the garage without stopping and forced pedestrians to stop in the crosswalk who were in the process of crossing.

If the boys in blue sat in that plaza, they would have a field day giving out tickets.

It's more dangerous these days walking to/from the station, let alone at the station. Once the new John St entrance goes into service, it will be more dangerous.

The north side has 3/4 of the mesh up on the side and no elevator from the walkway to the platform, considering the one in the garage is working. Heaters working in the shelters now, but not much heat from them.

Photos to follow.

Feb 4
After dropping the other haft off at the hospital for day surgery, I was stop at Hillcrest going north on a red and watched over 20 cars driving through the plaza illegally, as they couldn't wait for the red light to change. I decided to take a look at the north side of the parking structure since I wasn't able to the last time I was there. Some of these plaza runners just drove out in front of us without stopping considering we had the right of way. These same drivers drove through the red light at the crosswalk to the garage without stopping and forced pedestrians to stop in the crosswalk who were in the process of crossing.

If the boys in blue sat in that plaza, they would have a field day giving out tickets.

It's more dangerous these days walking to/from the station, let alone at the station. Once the new John St entrance goes into service, it will be more dangerous.

The north side has 3/4 of the mesh up on the side and no elevator from the walkway to the platform, considering the one in the garage is working. Heaters working in the shelters now, but not much heat from them.

Photos to follow.
Hope the surgery went well.

April 17
A lot of work has been done since my last visit that most of the new bus area been clean up along with landscaping on both side of the tracks. The stair from the walkway fully enclosed and nearing completion. All the steel is up on the new platform with about 50% with the roof on it.

The new elevator and stair way almost completed in the parking lot area. Curbs being install for the road to Hurontario as well the Transit bus road from the north side of the garage. More mesh has been installed on the garage.

By the looks of things, fall completion with some phase opening.

I counted 5 cars in the parking garage and 3 in the parking lot by the bus bay.

Looks like GO is putting all the FP's in service pushing 6 cars trains. Got to be well over a decade when I last saw FP's and 6 cars on the Milton line that were running hourly. Saw one train come in, but could see how many got off.

Metrolinx has posted signs for the elevators saying on 2 on it at any given time.

Lot more up on site.
49787098506_c98f898c4c_b.jpg

49787418657_f3dcb2494d_b.jpg

49786547163_f10cb05c21_b.jpg

49787418657_f3dcb2494d_b.jpg

49787096276_a77e355241_b.jpg

49787416962_2b4f603aba_b.jpg

49787415437_fae56d2d1d_b.jpg

49787412837_a45d20e48c_b.jpg

49787090406_5479fa74f7_b.jpg

49787093026_3f921e9419_b.jpg

49787082136_4bcfc26ffc_b.jpg