Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

The Burj Dubai is epic. The Chicago Spire would have been epic if they built it. The FS is merely outstanding as far as Toronto high-rises go. I'm not slagging it, I'm just saying "epic" to me denotes something truly spectacular. Meanwhile here's some synonims for epic, straight from the thesaurus: bigger than life, bold, classic, courageous, daring, dauntless, doughty, elevated, exaggerated, fearless, fire-eating, gallant, grand, grandiose, gritty, gutsy, gutty, high-flown, impavid, inflated, intrepid, lion-hearted, mythological, noble, stand tall, stouthearted, unafraid, undaunted, valiant, valorous. I realize most of these suck, but there you have it.

The Burj Dubai is epic. The Chicago Spire would have been epic if they built it. The FS is merely outstanding as far as Toronto high-rises go. I'm not slagging it, I'm just saying "epic" to me denotes something truly spectacular. Meanwhile here's some synonims for epic, straight from the thesaurus: bigger than life, bold, classic, courageous, daring, dauntless, doughty, elevated, exaggerated, fearless, fire-eating, gallant, grand, grandiose, gritty, gutsy, gutty, high-flown, impavid, inflated, intrepid, lion-hearted, mythological, noble, stand tall, stouthearted, unafraid, undaunted, valiant, valorous. I realize most of these suck, but there you have it.

Yes i've always thought the new FS is stouthearted.

Truly DOUGHTY!

by me

sany1452.jpg

sany1455.jpg

When is toronto/canada gonna get supertall???... canada doesn't really have a world "supertall" skyscraper (1000 feet or more). Many other big countries have supertalls that they're known for... oh well :( (sapphire tower was worth a shot but ultimately failed)

For now i guess i'll settle for smaller towers like Four Seasons :)

Don't forget that many other "big" countries don't have as many tall towers as there are in Canada.

Does anyone know if plans for the landscaping of this project have changed? This is one of the few projects where I found the landscaping to be more exciting than building itself. I love the concept, and in particular, the approximately 20 foot tall tiered red fountain. But maybe it's just wishful thinking that it would actually be built.

http://www.claudecormier.com/project/four-seasons-hotel-and-residences-bay-yorkville/

In 1976 a middle power called Canada had the tallest building in the world...with a population of 23M. People are starting to forget this.

Just because other growing countries are gaining taller buildings does not mean Toronto MUST get 500M buildings. I'm all for skyscrapers but I do not want to see any Burj Khalifa in TO.

In 1976 a middle power called Canada had the tallest building in the world...with a population of 23M. People are starting to forget this.

Just because other growing countries are gaining taller buildings does not mean Toronto MUST get 500M buildings. I'm all for skyscrapers but I do not want to see any Burj Khalifa in TO.

Who is talking 500 meters or even a Burj Khalifa which i doubt anyone in their right mind would invest in Toronto...were just looking for a measley supertall which is 300 meters and over..lol

It'll happen. It'll happen. It's only a matter of time...and (lack of) real-estate. And once 300m psychological barrier is breached, I predict the 300m+ proposals will arrive fast and furious.

It'll happen. It'll happen. It's only a matter of time...and (lack of) real-estate. And once 300m psychological barrier is breached, I predict the 300m+ proposals will arrive fast and furious.

Just a while back, wasnt there a rumour flying around on a 92 storey mixed use building planned somewhere downtown.:confused:

Does anyone know if plans for the landscaping of this project have changed? This is one of the few projects where I found the landscaping to be more exciting than building itself. I love the concept, and in particular, the approximately 20 foot tall tiered red fountain. But maybe it's just wishful thinking that it would actually be built.

http://www.claudecormier.com/project/four-seasons-hotel-and-residences-bay-yorkville/

I have no doubt the fountain will be built. But it will be in the middle of a drop-off area, so that doesn't help us much.

To be honest, a building could be 50m or 300m.. Won't change how I look at it. If the building does it's job, no complaints from my end.

I was just bringing up that it was Canada that had the tallest. Not Dubai or Shanghai.

Taller buildings will come. Hopefully all the policy that has been developed (Greenbelt and Place To Grow) will help Toronto grow up taller.

Back