Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

So when we last gazed upon the Four Seasons, we were looking down at the roof of the podium from the 14th floor.

4S21PodiumSkylightpano.jpg

The podium roof, as you can see in the northwest corner this site plan, will mostly be green.

4SSitePlanRender.jpg

That long strip down the middle will be a skylight, running the length of the pool. Here's the pool:

4SPoolRender.jpg

Well, eventually that will be the what the pool looks like. Here it is now, from various angles:

4S01Poolpano.jpg

4S02Poolpano.jpg

4S03Poolpano.jpg

Just outside the pool will be this terrace:

4S04PoolTerrace.jpg

Just inside from the pool will be the rest of the facilities of the spa floor:

4S05.189thFlrpano.jpg

4S06SpaFloor.jpg

At the east end of the floor, for the time being we get a view down through the podium's levels:

4S07.22Trussespano.jpg

Down one floor, and we find ourselves amongst the giant steel trusses which hold the podiums' floors open over great spans.

4S08.24Trussespano.jpg

From the outside, you can see the trusses easily:

4S18PodiumJun21pano.jpg

Back inside, we get a look over the upper ballroom from the mechanical floor above:

4S09.26Ballroompano.jpg

4S10.25Ballroompano.jpg

And here we are in the upper ballroom itself:

4S11.27Ballroompano.jpg

4S12.28Ballroompano.jpg

Now we're in the lower ballroom. Here you can see that the floor is not finished:

4S13.30Ballroompano.jpg

...while a couple of days later, another floor has just been poured:

4S17FloorConcrete.jpg

In the hall area outside the lower ballroom:

4S14BallroomColumns.jpg

Finally, one more view of the lower ballroom, from the northwest:

4S16BallroomExt.jpg

I'm not quite sure where this is exactly, but here is one last render likely in the residential reception area:

4S15MysteryRender.jpg

We hope you have enjoyed the tour. We'll run a few straggling pictures tomorrow of various miscellaneous scenes around the site.

Last edited:
Once again, great tour guys! Thanks.

Right from the beginning, I thought the North Podium section was too small for ballrooms, and now seeing them, I feel I was right. They seem rather small, perhaps only 30 x 100 feet interior space. While nice for a wedding with 150 guests, I would think it would be a tight fit for some larger functions a prestige hotel might host.

I know I'll hear from all involved how deceiving these photos are, but the same cameraman (i42) took the shots of Ritz's ballroom and that seemed enormous by comparison.

Many thanks for the photos. I found how the windows/cladding was attached to the building, to be very interesting.

Last edited:
The podium looks amazing! And i can imagine this thing when its all clad in glass.. those panels will be huge offering amazing views! gotta love this steel structure :D

As a denouement to the tour, here are a final few stragglers, grab-bag style:

Tower 2's crane reflected:

4SReflection.jpg

The courtyard, for the moment:

4S29Courtyardpano.jpg

Concrete delivery:

4SMixer.jpg

Line up:

4SDucts.jpg

Tower 2, ground level:

4S31Tower2Cranepano.jpg

Tower 2, overview:

4S33Tower2pano.jpg

Hmm. Shouldn't that second direction be in Bar Code?

4SPedestrians.jpg

As seen down Scollard.

4SScollard.jpg

Cheers!

It looks like two more floors before the setback. My god this building is going to look enormous.
4SFullRender.jpg

(Render via Interchange42)

Last edited:
EPIC shot you got there Caltrane!
I love the "fin" implementation the podium has along Bay St. and combined with the four seasons glass/open window cutouts... it looks stunning :D. the glass is epicness in its purest form :)

Speaking of epic, the EPIC overuse of the word is getting rather tiring. Time to open the thesaurus again?

I agree with you dude... i gotta find some new words, but four seasons Legitimately epic if you ask me :D

its the glass that makes this building.. the design is essentially a box but the glass is god :)

Back