Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

sea41.jpg

sea42.jpg

That's the cleanest I've seen that site yet. Looks like it should start picking up quite a bit now, too, now that the flyforms are getting assembled and readied to go

This one's exciting. I'm surprised at how big the complex will be. It's going to change the neighbourhood dramatically. Plus I like the "local boy makes good" story behind it too. Good to see a beautiful Four Seasons in Toronto.

I thought that the OMB approved this building to 50 stories. Where did the additional 5 come from?

Also, can anyone confirm whether the 195m is the top of roof or top of the fins?

Did anybody notice that one of the cranes is gone?

That probably means the project is being scaled back. :confused:

I suspect they had to position the cranes in one place to build the garage, but they'll need to position them in different places to build the towers. I know that one crane on the south end of the site was sitting outside the building envelope, so I'm guessing that is/was the first to go, and I'm guessing they'll want something kind of centre-ish on the south tower (which they haven't had so far)

It is the most easterly crane that is gone.

I am wondering, too, weather they will put a crane on the tower.

That easterly tower was also in a bad spot tho. It was right on the outside column line of the east tower, so it wouldn't have had enough support from the floor slab to jack itself up.

I am just wondering whatever, why would they position a crane in the wrong place only to move it later to the right place? I mean, imagine the expense of such a move.

Back