Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Actually someone over at SSC is reporting that Howard Schultz of Starbucks fame has bought one of the penthouses at trump.....amazing the amount of interest in all the high-end projects...

it's not so much location, location, location as it is tacky, tacky, tacky, Trump. The Ritz is not exactly in the middle of everything (like Four Seasons) but sold quickly. Trump has a tacky brand that appeals to the nouveau-riche and wannabes, whereas the Four Seasons, Shangri-La etc are targeting a different demographic.

I think they're targeting the same market, Trump is just tacky, period.

I'd be careful about the over-generalizations. Trump is just a name, and the building itself won't be tacky or silly because of this. Say what you want about Donny T, but he's made a mint with marketing to the uber muckity-mucks.

Photos by Sir Novelty Fashion

Taken from his original thread to be found here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=5935

Four Seasons. Check out the landscaping.

I'd never noticed that the west wall of the 18 Yorkville lowrise segment was left blank. Why? To connect with a future phase? Who owns the adjoining land? Isn't that Four Seasons?

I believe the west wall was almost touching the Ford dealership... thus the outline of the dealership in the pic.

I think 18 Yorkville should be responsible for covering it up. It's their building, and they were the one's who chose to have their wall go right up so close to the Ford dealership building.

Looks like they've lowered prices to $1.9 mil from $2.2 mil.

I wonder if they originally used a U.S. dollar pricepoint to arrive at the Canadian pricing for the units. Now that the Cdn dollar has appreciated even more since then, they decide to lower their Cdn price. Hmmm...

Back