Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

To everyone that says they screwed this up, you guys clearly aren't envisioning the finished product. Just wait until the trees mature a little in the summer. And they have more time to put the finishing touches. As for the fountain, not sure how anyone can say they screwed that up. Sure, not having water is a misstep, but it's still one of the most impressive pieces of public art in the city.

But it's not supposed to be art, it's supposed to be a FOUNTAIN!

Last edited:
I've been to Bryant Park. My point wasn't regarding its size, but rather its location next to the library and surrounded by skyscrapers. By 2030 this location will be surrounded by dozens of highrise condos--every single non-historic lot in Yorkville has a condo tower planned for it (at some stage in the process) believe it or not. I am including the 18 Yorkville & "the Pierre" parkette as part of this assembly.

I've been to Bryant Park. My point wasn't regarding its size, but rather its location next to the library and surrounded by skyscrapers. By 2030 this location will be surrounded by dozens of highrise condos--every single non-historic lot in Yorkville has a condo tower planned for it (at some stage in the process) believe it or not. I am including the 18 Yorkville & "the Pierre" parkette as part of this assembly.

This parkette is more likely to emulate Grammercy Park than Bryant Park when all is said & done.

+1 on the fountain btw. I find it quite attractive and will be all the more so once all the landscaping is complete here.

img1970x.jpg

Yet another reason I'm not a fan of this building: The Wind Tunnel.

I notice that walking by this building the wind doubles in speed vs Bay St south of the 4 Seasons. It's really awful. Even on a calm day there's this crazy wind that hits you. I think I'm going to start walking on the opposite side of the street to avoid it.

I really don't understand what the point of all the wind studies the city mandates. Has a building ever been rejected because it caused adverse wind conditions? It seems like the wind studies are there just to say "OK, thanks for letting us know" but carry on.

The wind studies do come into play for structural/engineering requirements. There's at least one building going up in the city right now that's been stalled for a few months because the numbers of the numbers on the wind loading

Back