Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I greatly respect what Evergreen does, but I wouldn't want to live across the street from them and the continual knots of kids smoking on the sidewalk.

[/QUOTE]
I am socially conscious as well, Bruvyman and agree with your sentiment. However we are talking about the Carriage Trade who are purchasing these units, so you must imagine what they would prefer. (After all, they are buying to impress their friends more than for themselves and it's difficult to impress your friend when a squeegee-kid is wiping the windshield of his RR Phantom outside your condo as he arrives to visit you.)

I'm with you and for me its not about social consciousness but more about what kind of neighbourhood I would prefer. If I were to win the Lottomax tonight, my answer would remain the same. I am no doubt in a minority on that, but I am just not a Yorkville type .... regardless of my bank account.

Given the choice of penthouse, I think I'd be looking at Shangri-La ... That one is my type of pad.

I AM WINNING the Lotto Max tonight, however I fear it would still not be enough to purchase the penthouse at FS anyway. After HST and real Estate fees, hiring the decorator, furnishing etc... There's none left to even pay for one year of the Condo fees on the PH. Aura is a little more affordable.

I'm with you on the Yorkville thing. Not my scene either. I'd rather spend some of my 50 mil in a fantastic PH at X2 or the new 42 Charles Street East proposal (assuming it will be at least 220 meters to the top).

to me the location of this building is nice, but i find living that high up in this area in a glass tower is out of character.
and yes, my ideal penthouse is Shangri-la or Trump. Aura is nice considering it's in the middle of the skyline, not to mention it is a HUGE unit, but i'm not the biggest fan of Yonge-Gerard.

but heck, what does it matter, i'd be happy owning any of those!

I AM I'd rather spend some of my 50 mil in a fantastic PH at X2 or the new 42 Charles Street East proposal (assuming it will be at least 220 meters to the top).

If you spend your money at 42 Charles, then you will be right next door to Sanctuary. I wouldn't say that's any better than being next door to Evergreen.

Four Seasons from Yonge, s. of St. Clair. When I was walking down Yonge Street and this came into view, it's so dramatic in person it made me smile. I'm not really a skyscraper geek but for a few minutes today I sure was.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

edit: I just caught up on this thread and saw that Redroom posted almost the same photograph, among many other terrific shots, yesterday. Sorry!

Last edited:
If you spend your money at 42 Charles, then you will be right next door to Sanctuary. I wouldn't say that's any better than being next door to Evergreen.

I was not the one who didn't want to live next to Evergreen... I was talking about the hypothetical purchasers of the Aura penthouse, who may not like it. I think you missed my point.

Four Seasons from Yonge, s. of St. Clair. When I was walking down Yonge Street and this came into view, it's so dramatic in person it made me smile. I'm not really a skyscraper geek but for a few minutes today I sure was.

edit: I just caught up on this thread and saw that Redroom posted almost the same photograph, among many other terrific shots, yesterday. Sorry!

i've said this before, but four seasons really throws everything off balance. it's bittersweet. and even more crazy is it's got 5 more floors to go.... jeez! crazy.

and please do convert to skyscraper geek! or die!!!! no pressure :p

From this vantage point 4S makes the CN Tower look puny!

I am told that the penthouse has sold here for a number north of $20M but less than asking. Does anyone have more details on this?

Tell them you heard it here at Urban Toronto first!
The most expensive condo suite in Toronto history has now been sold by Lifetime at the Four Seasons for $28M. Yes, $28M
Toronto is truly world class!

Sold to a "European". They originally asked $30M.

Last edited:
^I've got the superior view I'm afraid. For the price of the penthouse, I could live in my stunning pad for over 2000 years, so better value here as well.:D

Final height should be 5-10 feet beneath north crane here imo:

181urbandreamer2april20.jpg

yes urbandreamer, you have a nice view^^^
interesting that there still is a fair amount of height being added to this already monstrous (from the north) tower.
definitely changing the game here.

and just looking at this view, i actually sort of want Cumberland terrace in this view more than 1 bloor. just to further balance things out/make it look better.

EDIT:
my 2 favorite views are from Mount pleasant/Avenue road, coming down from the hill that is Summerhill? i don't know if summerhill has anything to do with the elevations that extend from around mount pleasant to avenue road, but as you're going southbound on those 2 roads, Four seasons is so awesome.
anyone have a pic from avenue road (near de la salle school?)

Last edited:

Back