Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Well we won’t get to see these towers built in our lifetimes so thank you for what could be some day perhaps. As a simulation koops65. I say this as the first post for this thread was back in 2012. And still no official stance on this where’s this project at? What is it they are waiting for exactly. And, Will anyone know who frank Gehry is by the time this building is ever hypothetically completed. Will he him self even get to see it come to life?

I knew it because I know this towers really very joking and they will never built it, wasting time but Frank Gehry is 91 years old and I know he will never see this towers for sure

towers will never built, this project really a joking but everyone say towers will built it? I'm wait but it's been 8 years!

6 years as a zoning proposal with flashy images to boost the price of the land and catch the eye of a developer.

2 years as an actual project, owned by an experienced developer, who has hired engineers with intent to develop the site. Something will definitely get built in that location, but Mirvish isn't involved in the big decisions anymore so anything he presented should be ignored.

Last edited:
6 years as a zoning proposal with flashy images to boost the price of the land and catch the eye of a developer.

2 years as an actual project, owned by an experienced developer, who has hired engineers with intent to develop the site. Something will definitely get built in that location, but Mirvish isn't involved in the big decisions anymore so anything he presented should be ignored.
But what we see now is already a revised proposal, which would leave one to assume that GG is intent on building something similar to the original vision would it not?

You can likely include the Covid factor into some development plans. One Yonge is a more recent example. When developers see things getting back to normal, and people still want to move into condos downtown, these and others playing the waiting
game may move forward. I don't know what condo sales have been like in the last 4 or 5 months, but that may give you an idea how the market stands right now.

^Condo sales initially fell, as with all other categories of real estate. But as the summer progresses, sales are rebounding and prices are hitting new records. iirc, condos also continue to appreciate. Meanwhile, rents dropped and have not "recovered" yet iirc.

But what we see now is already a revised proposal, which would leave one to assume that GG is intent on building something similar to the original vision would it not?

What Great Gulf put forward is the first genuine proposal and the start of the clock. 5+ years from land purchase to start of construction isn't unusual for residential in normal timelines; but with an ongoing BlackSwan event that timeline may be extended just because there are things we cannot predict like near-future hotel occupancy.

Last edited:
Not M+G related but the paint restoration work on 322 King West is complete, and scaffolding at grade has been removed since the last update in this thread.

20200820_124716.jpg
20200820_124839.jpg

*Wants to post something about the behind the scenes work being done for this is in fact a new paint job on an adjacent building...but that would make me sound impatient*

Back