Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

they will never build a 330m office tower here. remember what happened with the Hub started with 280m not its down to 258m. same happened with CIBC and 160 front. The only option they have is a mixed use building like shard.

Great Gulf is on my sh*t list if they don't move this forward soon. If they at least attempt to capture the spirit of Gehry. If they are afraid, that's on the resume. "Iconic Gehry design baffles/scares major developer".

This is shaping up as the city's worst fail... but maybe we'll be suprised. Over to you Great Gulf. And sorry Frank your hometown can't seem to build (so far) your gift to us.

The new owner doesn’t seem to trying to keep this top of mind. If they come back with a drastically cheapened project the city should withdraw the height exemptions. If the market slows they will blame that.

Crazy how long it takes to get projects built here. Then we wonder why affordability has skyrocketed. Not pointing fingers, just frustrating.

Crazy how long it takes to get projects built here. Then we wonder why affordability has skyrocketed. Not pointing fingers, just frustrating.
Affordability has skyrocketed for many reasons, including the stupid new program to give first time home buyers even more money.

In regards to this project however, this was set to be Toronto's landmark towers and would've probably not been outdone for many years upon completion. As such I'm hopeful they'll still go through with this, given just how monumental of a development it is.

7 years and 5 months ... I still believed this project won't get built and I know I'm 99.9% sure but very sad since this project been took long than any threads

This project is in no way representative of average development approval timelines in the city.

Also worth reminding folks that some developers who work in cities outside Toronto often remark at how comparatively quick it is to develop here.

Now would be the opportunistic time for Great Gulf to regretfully announce that due to changed condition the project will be deferred, redesigned or scaled back? The global pandemic gives them the excuse they’ve been waiting for?

Now would be the opportunistic time for Great Gulf to regretfully announce that due to changed condition the project will be deferred, redesigned or scaled back? The global pandemic gives them the excuse they’ve been waiting for?

Wonder if this might end up entirely as rentals (with ‘economic’ changes to the facades)?
May be that they’re having problems lining up financing?

No doubt that this is probably a back-burner project at Gehry’s office.

This project is in no way representative of average development approval timelines in the city.

Also worth reminding folks that some developers who work in cities outside Toronto often remark at how comparatively quick it is to develop here.

This post won't age well.

Yes definitely shut down this thread! It’s the Canadian way. Who are we to question the fact the most ambitious condo project in Cdn history has gone radio silent for years.

Indeed, because endless and mindless speculative blabber is everyone's notion of the Canadian Dream.

Back