Toronto Fleur Condos | 85.34m | 29s | Menkes | a—A

Today.
A82564A3-F56D-4D02-A21E-B0C49F133E48.jpeg
5A44C823-A792-4844-A91F-9A38FDCD84C9.jpeg
3A9A27E4-4B11-42F3-82D5-39BD9D772E08.jpeg

Every time I see a new sidewalk built without it widened or at least trees added I die a little.
I don’t know what it was before but this is 1. Bigger than a normal sidewalk and the city's minimum guidelines 2. More than enough room for the area 3. The tree part is unfortunate on the west side, but im pretty sure they are digging a trench for Silva cell installation on the south and it is still possible in the east side on mutual.

I don’t know what it was before but this is 1. Bigger than a normal sidewalk and the city's minimum guidelines 2. More than enough room for the area 3. The tree part is unfortunate on the west side, but im pretty sure they are digging a trench for Silva cell installation on the south and it is still possible in the east side on mutual.
That's good to know, thanks!

Look how simple but effective this building looks . I wish it was at least twice as high because it compliments the church in front in the photos up above.

I really love the materials on this building and on the podium they are stellar for a very average area.

If I had only one critique, it would be the way the building resolves at the top. It feels very abrupt almost as if there are floors missing. I personally think if the extrusion (which I do think is really elegant) was more in the middle of the tower it'd appear a little less 'unfinished' looking. If the city could've let them, I think a few extra floors could've helped in that regard. That's just me though!

Here's just a photoshop of how it'd look with 7 extra floors + a taller mechinical (Courtesy of a photo by: AlbertC)
flr.jpg
flr1.jpg

They weren’t allowed extra height here because of the helicopter flight path for St Mikes - which I think is a pretty important thing to protect.

Passed by the building today and I noticed that the sign regarding the sale price [I think they were starting at $500,000] has been removed and now it says "Rental". Has this building been changed from a condo to a rental building??

Back