Hamilton FirstOntario Centre Renovations | ?m | 4s | OVG | BBB

Well since we are speculating, maybe a Wayne Gretzky's. All that space on the north east end could make it two levels with access to the plaza level. They better have a killer line up of ongoing concerts and such, a large restaurant venue is going need a mountain of traffic.

Oak View Group made it very clear today to council that they fully intend on kicking out the shelter from the entertainment district one way or another. So glad these guys are running the show. They mean business. Can’t wait for them to clean up the area.

Also, when I listed Canadian Icon doesn’t sound like a person. Sounds like a company. Probably Tim’s lol

Oak View Group made it very clear today to council that they fully intend on kicking out the shelter from the entertainment district one way or another. So glad these guys are running the show. They mean business. Can’t wait for them to clean up the area.

Also, when I listed Canadian Icon doesn’t sound like a person. Sounds like a company. Probably Tim’s lol
Nah, very likely a celebrity chef.

I'm not so sure. The way they said "Canadian icon, and now a global icon" really sounded more like a brand to me.
Could be referencing Matheson's recent foray into television and global fame from that.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see about the announcement. They're moving quite quickly it seems, so I'm sure we'll hear soon enough.

I would love for it to be a Matty Matheson restaurant he's a super cool dude with amazing food. Although he is famous especially now with his role on the tv show The Bear I don't think he's considered an icon yet. When I hear Canadian Icon (living) I think of people like Celine Dion, Martin Short, Ryan Reynolds, Eugene Levy, Jim Carrey, Wayne Gretzky, The Weeknd, Shania Twain, Michael J Fox, James Cameron, Justin Bieber, Drake, Chris Hadfield & David Suzuki all come to mind.

My money is on Eugene Levy since he's from Hamilton and still loves our city!

Was watching the Design Review Panel for 58 York Blvd across the street, and heard staff mention that there is a larger component of the arena project that is yet to come. It sounded like it wasn't directly related to the renovation as they suggested it already started. Makes me wonder if the arena project team have plans to propose a residential or commercial addition to the core in this area on one of the properties they gained access to with the deal with the city.

Back